What's new

My second Semogue SOC arrived

A couple days ago I bought Simpson colonel X2L and Muhle synthetic,
both are very quality brushes , but they are way too soft for me.
In fact, these two brushes convince me to be a boar-guy and I ordered another two: SOC and 610.
I had SOC before, but my brother took it.
SOC got the first shave last night, it's so wonderful.
After trying best badger, I think SOC is like a badger rather than a boar.
It is soft and maybe a bit pricky for some gents, but I sure you those pricky feeling would vanish soon.
It has enough backbone, you do not need much pressure when face-lathering.
It is also dense, the lather waiting for my second pass still stuck on the tips of hairs.
(when laying hair-up-handle-down.)
My another omega 11037 does not hold lather as SOC.
Finally, SOC does not need much time to get broken-in.
Share with you my photos.

Attachments

• $soc-1.jpg
    $soc-1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 186
  • $soc-2.jpg
    $soc-2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 185
After nearly one-month use, my SOC becomes the following.
(I have three brushes to rotate and I shave at least every other day.)
A very nice bloom, right?$soc-1(04-21-2015).jpg$soc-2(04-21-2015).jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I love my SOC. It's definitely boar, but it's so dense. It started off well for me and just keeps getting better with each use.

The SOC Boar...just a awesome brush, I have had mine for about a month now...absolutely my all time favorite.
Semogue has done a fine job creating these quality brushes :thumbup1:

I haven't used my badgers (Simpson Colonel X2L and Chubby 2, both in best) since the day I received my SOC about six weeks ago. I also use a Vie Long horse, but the SOC is my favorite.

I like mine in cherry so much I ordered its 'twin' in ash.

I've got an ash handled SOC that I've just about broken in and I'm seriously considering getting its cherry twin. It is just that good for me.

My 610, 1800 and Omega 48 are all sitting on the shelf, not getting much love these days :(

To the OP: These are great brushes. I think everyone should try one at some stage.

I haven't used my badgers (Simpson Colonel X2L and Chubby 2, both in best) since the day I received my SOC about six weeks ago. I also use a Vie Long horse, but the SOC is my favorite.

Hi, Scott,
Just wait for a moment.
My Semogue SOC 2-band badger with cherry handle is expected to arrive next week.
After the first use, maybe I will write something about the brush which always gains praises.

Top Bottom