What's new

Parker 26c blade alignment issues?

Does anybody out there with this razor have a slight issue with this? I've been using mine everyday for two weeks (and granted, it's only my second razor, so I'm not super experienced), but it feels to me like the alignment is slightly off. It's not skewed so as to be crooked, it just feels like there's more exposure to one side. I've tried flipping the blade over to make sure it's not the blade, and visually I can't tell the difference, but I feel it consistently with the different sides. One feels excellent, very audible, and efficient, where as the other feels like I'm swinging and missing (it DOES cut hair, but not as well). My angles could be off, but I've definitely shaved a strong in a spot, flipped it over, and repeated the same stroke with my focus on angle and it definitely feels different. Would like to hear your guys' take on this as to what to do and how to proceed. Thanks, as always.

I have this feeling at times with my Merkur, but not with either of my Parkers. For me it was blade dependant. No issues with Feathers or Zyletecs, but definitely there with the Merkur blades and some Astras.

I have one and originally thought the same, possibly because it is so mild. You may want to try rotating the razor cap 180 degrees to the base and see if it makes a difference.

Just used my 26c today, seems that there is a bit of play when aligning the blade which could cause the difference in exposure you notice. Once aligned, both sides seem exactly the same. Try my method of aligning the blade: turn the razor head down, loosen the head so the blade has no tension on it, tap the base of the handle a couple times, then grab the head by the ends and tighten the handle. Usually aligns quite well using this method, but eye it up to see if it looks even. If not, do it again and check. Hope this helps!
BTW, love this razor :001_smile

I had the inconsistent alignment issue with my 24C (same head as 26C) and had my supplier replace it. The new one has no alignment issues and may be an improved batch as "INDIA" is stamped on the bottom, whereas there was no stamp on the previous head. I also use the TTO and SB models with no alignment problems. All in all, I love the three Parker heads.

Top Bottom