What's new

running low on bar soap.

So its time to stock up again,
The first time I bought soap other than a local store I went to stirling soap company,
I got the bay rum, vanilla and sandalwood ,menthol and sandalwood I think there was one more I'm not thinking of my favorite by far was the bay rum since the scent stayed on me for a while, I'm thinking of going back over there and getting some more bayrum and some others but wondering if there were any other vendors or recommendations :)

Enjoy! Would love to hear what you think of you go with QCS. . I've been using Stirling for the past seven months or so, but my next bar will be my last for a little while. I bought a few random brands from WCS to change things up.

Nice, I'm actually holding back for now I didn't realize the shipping was going to be 15 bucks lol so I'll make an order Friday once I get up to the $75 free shipping I need one more item for around 15 bucks I'm currently set on 4 bars of soap and the vostok shaving soap, any recommend any of there other shaving soaps?

Kirk's Castile, Grandpa's Pine Tar, Pear's, are some old names which have passed the test of time. To have survived this long; they must be doing something right.

I just paid for a year's subscription into Queen Charlotte's Soap of the month club! I love the element of surprise and they make excellent soaps. I currently have a tub of their Rose Otto in my shaving rotation!

QCS makes great bath soaps, as does Mystic Water. Also, check out their shampoo bars. I just received a 4-pack of QCS shampoo bars and my first use was great. No more expensive synthetic shampoos for me.

Getting into DE has raised my consciousness of interesting, and usually inexpensive, personal hygiene and grooming products. I got sold on Türk bittim soap by one of my Turkish eBay shaving suppliers. It is similar to other basic middle eastern soaps, except it has oils of wild pistaccio. Like other craft soaps, it comes in somewhat unevenly sized bricks. It is commonly advertised as a complete soap for face, body, and hair, even with preservative and restorative properties for the hair part. I have used it as just that. It cleans well and leaves no film or stiffness, though it has not done any miracles on the old, thin, gray, wiry, ugly hair as of yet. I've been getting it for prices comparable with supermarket deodorant soap, 155g (over 5 oz.) per bar, around $2.00 plus the shipping.

Another vote for Sterling, their sandalwood and vanilla sandalwood are really nice, as is the tea tree. TOBS has nice bar soaps, Jermyn Street and Eton college are my favs. I don't think their shave soaps are the best but always liked their scents so I enjoy the bar soaps.

Top Bottom