What's new

Maggard London Barbershopreview.

Ok, so, I tried the Maggard London Barbershop shaving soap. Have used it twice now. Its a little thirstly at first but once you get the right amount of water, it lathers up fantasticly. I got a nice thick and slick lather (I face lather) with great peaks. I absolutely LOVE the smell of this stuff. NOT over powering, not foo foo flowery, just a good manly scent that I love. The first shave was with my Maggard MR6 with an Astra SP blade and it was great. My second shave was with my Merkur 11C HD OC loaded with a Rapira Platinum Lux. Awesome shaves. BBS on both. Lather was nice and slick and for the second passd the I could actually get away with just rewetting my faced (which was still nice and slick) and doing my third pass that way. WOW - I highly recomment the Maggard London Barbershop for a great shave. Of course - as the saying goes - YMMV- but I don't think you will be disappointed...:thumbup::thumbup:
(this could easily become my daily shaving soap - love it. Has about the same slickness as the VDH deluxe but smell a hell of a lot better)...

Last edited:
Thomas, I agree 100%.

Maggard shave soaps are top notch, lather easily, smell great and provide cushion and glide. I noticed recently that all Maggard shave soaps are now all tallow versions. The original offerings were all veggie soaps (which were fine in my opinion), however when they introduced the London Barbershop, they used it as an opportunity to add a tallow soap formula.

As good as their veggie soaps were, the tallow is better.

Top Bottom