What's new

Fear the Walking Dead

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
2nd Walking Dead series. Same timeline as the original, set in L.A.
There was a quick blurb early in tonight's episode

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Well I watched via my DVR and skipped the ads.

So It's The Walking Dead but set in LA and called Fear the Walking Dead?
On AMC?

Well I watched via my DVR and skipped the ads.

So It's The Walking Dead but set in LA and called Fear the Walking Dead?
On AMC?

I thought it was going to be about how the zombie apocalypse got started. A lot of "make sure to get your flu shots" warnings!

It's taking place right at the beginning of the outbreak, so maybe we'll get some info on how it all started.

That is the impression I had, as well. I hope they do this. Also wonder if this show will mean the elimination of the mid-season "breaks". It is supposed to start in September, so 16 shows will take it to mid to late February with a break at Christmas. This would then allow an immediate switch to Season 6 of the original Walking Dead, running from March through June.

The worst case is that they try to run them concurrently, or on different days, and continue the silly hiatus nonsense.

Concurrently, yes, but remember that Rick wakes from a coma while the zombie apocalypse has already been underway for sometime. That is why we see troops wantonly shooting staff at the Hospital while Shane is trying to rescue him. Not likely they will use this plot device again, is it. Naturally this leads to a greater explanation (I hope) of how the whole shebang started and spread.

I'm in!

I did not pay close attention to the commercial, I thought it was the next season of "The Strain" but that's an FX show.

The zombie story lines, for the most part, show how it all started but rarely show how it ends.

Check out "World War Z" and "I Am Legend" they both had a solution to the epidemic, they just did not follow up with a Part 2 to show how it all ends with all the details to let our minds fill in the blanks.

I found the World War Z solution a cop out. The World War Z book was pretty cool. Hordes of zombies roaming the ocean floor, zombies up north being frozen in the winter, only to unthaw in the spring and cause breakouts to occur again...

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Check out "World War Z" and "I Am Legend" they both had a solution to the epidemic, they just did not follow up with a Part 2 to show how it all ends with all the details to let our minds fill in the blanks.

That's right. I've seen both. I have I am Legend on dvd with alternate endings. Neither of which goes into detail. It just shows them driving up to a gated and walled community. Well, we've all seen what gated & walled communities leads to...example "The Walking Dead" series.

Top Bottom