What's new

March Madness: The teams going to the Final Four!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
Hmmm...I wonder who the other teams will be going to the Final Four?...besides...;

I know my alma mater (MSU Shadows)...Michigan State Spartans is (Yeah Baby!!! Look out...it's couch burning time...
a Spartan tradition)!
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Read More: a) http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...uisville-in-ot-heads-to-final-four/ar-AAab6VC
b) http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/03/michigan-state-final-four-east-lansing-riot-police

proxy.php
Go Spartans!!

Last edited:
Well, my dog in the fight went home with tail firmly tucked between its legs. Kansas, that is. So I have no great enthusiasm for the remaining teams since all of them but maybe Wisconsin have sent my Jayhawks packing at one time or another from the tourney.

I will say this, Cal may have the most outright talent but here is how I pick when it comes to Dook. When I see them knocked out of the tournament then I believe it. I have said it before and I will say it again; there is no better tournament coach than K in the NCAA. Period. And if I had to pick a close second it would be Izzo. Both of these guys just sniff championship trophies in the winds. Give them a blood trail and you are in trouble. It did not surprise me one iota to see MSU in the 4. I knew if Izzo got them past the mid rounds he would make it all the way. He's that good. I have not really followed Wisconsin but from what I get they are pretty disciplined. It will be necessary against the Wildcats. Okay, prediction. Coach K gets one for the thumb.

My prediction is UK vs Duke in the finals...and I predict numerous well armed Kentuckians surrounding the arena to make sure that Christian Laettner (or anyone even remotely resembling him) doesn't get within 1000 yards of the place. At one time, the UK/Duke rivalry was quite pervasive in this state. To wit, back in '93 or thereabouts, I was walking through the Walmart parking lot and saw a UK sticker on the back of a car with the letters 'D' and 'E' pasted to the left and right, respectively. The owner came out while we were loading into the car and threw an enormous fit.

I need Wisconsin to not win the tournament and for Duke to make it to the final game for me to win my bracket. So, I will be cheering for UK and Duke this weekend.

Transplanted Cheesehead who will be cheering on the Badgers. The team has been a joy to watch this season. The previous years have been great but this group has shown a good deal of grit and determination.

It's Badgers vs Blue DE blades in the final! Okay so that is really the Devils, not DE Blades. But hopefully this is a game that members of this forum will especially appreciate.

Well, my fears were proven correct. Dook edged it out at the end. Like I said, put one drop of blood in the water and K will eat you alive.

Stillshaving, great article. Thanks for linking. We are kind of steeped in the history of things here. We recently had a radio commentator retire who had covered Kansas sports for 60 years. Max Falkenstien covered every game played in Allen Fieldhouse til he hung up his mic in 2006. When the new 'rules' building is completed I will take a few photos and post them up. That would be the hand written rules as laid out by James Naismith over one hundred years ago. I just hope Kansas doesn't keep up the habit of decades between championships!

I thought the final was a good game and the team that played better won. I am more an ACC fan, whatever that means anymore, than I am a Duke fan, but I am still probably biased. WI was way ahead and could not close the deal, so it seems reasonable that they lost. Also, Duke was aggressive and I feel that good things come to those that go for it. The officials clearly did miss a couple of calls that should have been against Duke.

Anyway, I do feel biased. The WI coach seemed to express the view that officials were way too lenient. That the game was ay more physical than it should have been.

I have been watching a lot of college basketball recently, and the game did not seem that rough to me. I think Duke got called for fewer fouls in the second half because they got into near foul trouble in the first half and Coach K had to emphasize to them that they would be in trouble if they kept the same rate of fouls. I do not think there was any bias in favor of Duke, but I do not want to argue that. Does anyone have a view as to whether the game was called particularly leniently?

I am not looking to argue. Just wondering whether folks think the WI coach had it correct. I am not reading anything in the sports pages about it.

I thought the final was a good game and the team that played better won. I am more an ACC fan, whatever that means anymore, than I am a Duke fan, but I am still probably biased. WI was way ahead and could not close the deal, so it seems reasonable that they lost. Also, Duke was aggressive and I feel that good things come to those that go for it. The officials clearly did miss a couple of calls that should have been against Duke.

Anyway, I do feel biased. The WI coach seemed to express the view that officials were way too lenient. That the game was ay more physical than it should have been.

I have been watching a lot of college basketball recently, and the game did not seem that rough to me. I think Duke got called for fewer fouls in the second half because they got into near foul trouble in the first half and Coach K had to emphasize to them that they would be in trouble if they kept the same rate of fouls. I do not think there was any bias in favor of Duke, but I do not want to argue that. Does anyone have a view as to whether the game was called particularly leniently?

I am not looking to argue. Just wondering whether folks think the WI coach had it correct. I am not reading anything in the sports pages about it.

Relative to the old Big East they were calling "touch" fouls.

Top Bottom