What's new

bad form, my fault

I tried shaving with a 1958 Super Speed this afternoon. It is one I picked up several months ago, and just got around to getting it cleaned up.
I put in a new Astra blade, lathered up with some Proraso shave cream, and started what began as a fine shave...until I got stupid! First pass was WTG, no issues, and I was really quite surprised in the quality of shave I was getting. I relathered, then took a pass XTG. It, too, was a surprising experience. I'm really starting to like this Super Speed! After rinsing, I felt some patches on my neck that needed some touch up. This is when I got stupid!!!
I lathered up a third time, and went ATG...again and again. My technique had been good on the previous two passes. Why I went over the same patch on my neck without lathering is beyond me. After cleaning up a couple of nicks, and soothing the razor burn, it was a valuable lesson learned.
Oh well, I survived, learned something, and enjoyed an otherwise fine shave.

Yep, been there, done that, and shed some blood in the process as well!
Just learn and do better next time!
those old habits are hard to break.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
You are actually doing well and will progress rapidly after diagnosing so quickly; No worries, enjoy your shaves!

You are actually doing well and will progress rapidly after diagnosing so quickly; No worries, enjoy your shaves!

Agreed. This is something we've all done repeatedly. Chalk it up, move on, and most importantly learn and enjoy the experience.

Top Bottom