What's new

Barbasol Pacific Rush

I picked up both versions of Barbasol aftershave yesterday at Winn-Dixie grocery store. Cost $3.00 and I figured even if it's bad it wouldn't be any great loss. The green version smells like one of my favorites, Skin Bracer, the Pacific Rush or blue version is different. And it is the one that really caught my attention after the first use. I tried it last night after my shave and came out of the shave den. The wife was coming down the hallway to do laundry and when she passed she stopped and said,"What's that smell?"

Being married for many years now and being wise I said; "What smell are you referring to dear?"
And she said; "that wonderful manly scent on you!" Well this in turn led to other discussions and actions which not only suprized me, but left me remembering all those silly 1970's TV commercials for Hi-Karate and other scents. I put the stuff on again this morning and the effect was just as pleasing. I think I may have found my favorite scent so far. In my scent collection which ranges from $3.00 standbys to $156 dollar fashionable new scents nothing has had the effect that this humble $3.00 scent.

anybody else love this scent and experienced the same reaction with the wife??

I really like Pacific Rush. I have all kind of choices and that one that gets used a lot. It's kind of my poor man's Floid Blue.

It definitely a winner in my book. The wife loves it and it results in more affection than is normal! That is worth 10X the cost in my book!

My wife loves Pacific Rush... actually, more than I do. I tend to like woody/spicy scents. But the PR is a great summertime aftershave.

Pacific Rush is one that I, unfortunately, cannot wear. I love the menthol in that one, one of the strongest. And a super great value (hard to beat). But I just can't stand the smell. There is something in those Barbasol aftershaves that are just noxious to my nose. The Brisk is very similar to Skin Bracer (which I love), but the Brisk is too strong on something and just is too much for me to wear. Odd that out of 60-70 aftershaves I've tried and use, I only cannot wear 3-4 of them and Barbasol accounts for two of those.

I enjoy Pacific Rush quite a bit (especially the sub-$2 cost per bottle). The scent has a Scope mouthwash vibe but the menthol freeze is top notch for the hot Texas summers.

Has anyone been into a Dollar General that *didn't* have the Barbasol splashes?

I've been wanting to try this one but haven't seen it anywhere. I don't want to pay to ship it either.

There's a Dollar General about 30 minutes away but I don't want to drive there for a $2 aftershave and find that they don't even have it.

There's a Dollar General about 30 minutes away but I don't want to drive there for a $2 aftershave and find that they don't even have it.
I'm pretty sure they have a phone number. :001_rolle :lol:

But in answer to your question, no, I've never been in a Dollar General that didn't carry it. (Across several states)

I'm pretty sure they have a phone number. :001_rolle :lol:

But in answer to your question, no, I've never been in a Dollar General that didn't carry it. (Across several states)
The internet has ruined me from calling a real person and asking a question I may have. I will defend that a little by saying I've occasionally experienced a less than confident response to questions like this. That said I should resist my aversion and call just for the practice.

Thank you for your answer too. Next time I'm driving by that town I may take a small detour through to check it out. I almost did exactly that yesterday but then I realized I don't actually *need* any more aftershave right now. :)

I just drove over an hour round trip to pick up $4 worth of AS. LOL Got the Brisk and Pacific Rush. Looking forward to giving them a try.
Thanks B&B!

Top Bottom