What's new

Anyone Read Comics?

Several of my friends love reading comics and I just recently started reading as well.

What comics are you reading?

I just read the Kingsmen comic after seeing the movie.

I'm about to start reading 100 Bullets because I like crime films and I heard this is really good.

Mercenary Sea is also one I like a lot.

I just started reading COWL

I'm working on catching up on Spiderman right now. Just started edge of spiderverse. It's pretty awesome!

Y The Last Man is one of my favorite comic series. If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend it.

Of course my all time favorite comic has to be...

$batman__the_killing_joke_v1988__1___the_killing_joke__1988_6____page_1.jpg

I used to spend about $50 to $60 a month at the comic shop. I used to read DC exclusively. Then they went & rebooted the universe for years third time in five years. & they lo at me. I still have almost every Batman ca mic between #400 & when they rebooted it back to #1 a few years ago.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I got in to it a couple years ago with The Walking Dead.

The Sin City comics were pretty darn good and 300.

And Chew was OK in a strange kind of way.

Scott Pilgrim was very good.

I've yet to read Sandman, Battle Royale, The Watchmen, Batman: The Killing Joke, and Batman: The Long Halloween even though I have them all.

Also Locke & Key and Morning Glories....but those two weren't really my thing.

I only have the digital copies too.

Haven't read anything in a couple years though.

Sandman, Preacher, Sin City, Scalped, 100 Bullets, Criminal, Chew, Locke & Key, Transmetropolitan, American Vampire, The Sixth Gun, Fatale, Saga and The Manhattan Projects. These are a few series I really enjoy. I haven't read comics for over a year. Maybe it's time I visit my LCS again. There's some excellent writers and artists putting out really good things these days. Not much of a super hero guy though...

Last edited:
Locke & Key, Walking Dead, Goon, Powers, Chew, Invincible, Skullkickers, Rat Queens, Empowered, etc. Just to name a few.

You guys have a lot of good recommendations thanks.

There's another comic that Sci Fi Channel is supposedly is making into a show. It looks interesting. It's called Five Ghosts. Check it out.

The Hellboy series is probably my favourite, but I also like Hellblazer (otherwise known as the John Constantine series). I've recently started reading some manga as well.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I heard that Chew was going to be a TV show. But have heard nothing else other than "hey, you know they are making Chew in to a TV show"?

That was like a year or longer ago I heard that.

I did hear the same about Chew. Should be interesting.

Right now I just started reading the graphic novel Watchmen. It's pretty good so far. I got to re watch the film after I finish the comic book.

I definitely recommend reading V for Vendetta, Dracula vs King Arthur, Dracula vs Apocalypse, Watchmen, The Killing Joke, 300, Sin City, Gargoyles, Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness and the Civil War storyline by Marvel. Other comics you should read imho are the Marvel Ultimatum storyline and Injustice: Gods among us by DC which is ongoing.
If you don't mind manga, read the Hellsing series.
Finally, another excellent read is The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck.

You guys have a lot of good recommendations thanks.

There's another comic that Sci Fi Channel is supposedly is making into a show. It looks interesting. It's called Five Ghosts. Check it out.

I read the first volume of Five Ghosts. It was good. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom