What's new

Technivorm, which model?

I like to keep my brewed coffee in a thermal carafe.

If you do also, then get the model with the thermal.

I transfer from my Bunn glass carafe into a pre-heated thermal which is no big for me.

The main thing to do to get the last little bit of YEA BABY out of your auto drip, regardless of what model/brand you are using is to.......

Boil some water in your microwave (or stove top)
Put a dry filter in the holder
Put the filter and holder over the carafe (external to the machine on your counter or in the sink)
Pour the boiled water into the dry filter and filter holder to rinse the paper, pre-warm the filter holder, and carafe

THEN

Add your ground beans to the pre-rinsed and pre-warmed brew basket, assemble your machine and brew.

I've been doing this for years and it does make a difference in the taste of your coffee to rinse the paper filters AND warm the basket and carafe. :yesnod:

Your brew water should not have to warm the basket as it will lower the temp of your brew water as the heat is sucked out of the brew water to warm the basket when you start.

Oh the good old days of Mr. Coffee and the auto timer :nono:

proxy.php

That makes a lot of sense, Mick, since I always flush my portafilter and heat my cups. But I never thought about it for a drip coffee. Do you pre-heat your french/Aero press, too? I might tomorrow and see the difference.

That makes a lot of sense, Mick, since I always flush my portafilter and heat my cups. But I never thought about it for a drip coffee. Do you pre-heat your french/Aero press, too? I might tomorrow and see the difference.

Yep... I pre-heat anything I make coffee (and tea) in before starting.

I put the cap on the carafe and give it a few good shakes to make sure the entire glass is hot. Watch out as this will build up pressure in the carafe if it seals real well so release the lit slowly to avoid getting burned

THEN

I pour the hot water from the carafe into my and SWMBO coffee cups to warm them up while the auto drip is making coffee.

Went with the Thermal Carafe. I really love it. The downside is I drink a lot more coffee now.

Thanks for the responses. Appreciate it.

Went with the Thermal Carafe. I really love it. The downside is I drink a lot more coffee now.

Thanks for the responses. Appreciate it.

That is the problem when you get something new.

Over use then once you realize you are actually hurting yourself you back off (just a little)

Don't worry about it and just enjoy your new brewer

For those drinking coffee on the go, check out Contigo Autoseal travel mugs. If you preheat it (double walled like the carafes we're talking about here), it will keep yoru coffee warm for hours.

And the "Leakproof" Autoseal? It's true, I can turn it upside down and not get any spillage. I love mine, and thought I'd mention it since they're sort of on topic.

Top Bottom