Billy, MadDawg51, WillieBla
Where do you live?
Georgia
What is your age (or) generation?
Boomer
What are you in the real world?
Program Manager
What is your favorite shave setup?
I have been wet shaving over 30 years. Started with DE then injector. I have used cartridge for years. I recently upped my brushes to an Omega 637 Badger. I am using MWF, Institute Karite, and Taylor of Old Bond Street (fav is sandalwood). Cartridge is Gillette Fusion ProGlide. I'm trying to master the art of straight with a Dovo Shavette and a Dovo 6/8th 506B. I've been practicing cheeks, neck, and a bit of chin for a few weeks. Today was my first full shave with the 6/8ths. We now have a blood oath. But, it is mostly just irritation. Tomorrow, we try again.
What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Oh my! So many. Today, I took grandchildren to a rocket launch where we all had a great time. I am a motorcyclist and an MSF Rider Coach. I enjoy shooting sports and hunting. I practice kayak fly fishing. And, I need a lot of practice. In an attempt to control BP and weight, I do some road cycling. The workroom is set up with a reloading bench, fly tying bench, and rocket building table. This work thing is getting in the way of my hobbies.
What else should the members of B&B know about you?
My grandfather and my mother were learning new things until they exited stage right. My family values learning and education. So, I intend to find new interests, learn about them, and master a few. I have learned much in the few months I have been lurking on B&B. After destroying the 6/8th Dovo by flicking water and striking the sink, I had to learn to set a bevel, hone, finish and strop to a new edge. B&B provided a lot of information on hones and technique. A full set of Norton stones, an Illinois strop, and a lot of time. It finally passes the hanging hair test.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Welcome Billy; At long last I am just starting with a straight razor. B&B's Joel has a YouTube video called "Straight Razor Shaving with an Extra Hollow Ground Kron-Punkt" that is excellent.

Hello and welcome, William. Great to have you here on B&B. This is a super forum and you will learn a lot here.

Thank you to all. Life is about learning. I appreciate the wisdom of trial and improvement on the forums. Sometimes it is good to learn from others rather than making every mistake yourself. Thanks for your wisdom of things that work - and those that should not be repeated.

Mike, I'm not sure I'm ready for an extra hollow grind. The 6/8ths is a half hollow. I am considering a full hollow "Prima Klang" as my next. Boker also has my interests. I hope your towel is pure white with no redness.

Billy

Hey, another GA guy! I'm from Marietta. Rider coach; check. Shavette shaver (in training); check! Welcome! I would recommend starting a journal for the straight journey and also read other people's journals. You will cut out a lot of the frustration (pun intended). I'm in the 70's with my straight shaves. It comes with time and patience. I'm still learning something new everyday. I hope to see you over in the journals.

Rob

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Mike, I'm not sure I'm ready for an extra hollow grind. The 6/8ths is a half hollow. I am considering a full hollow "Prima Klang" as my next. Boker also has my interests. I hope your towel is pure white with no redness.

Billy
Understood. I just meant that it's a good video for any new straight razor user to show technique.

Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself in the HoF.

It is always good to put some background info with a screen name.

Kick back and enjoy your time on B&B

Top Bottom