What's new

Waterman Serenity Blue

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I used this ink for years as Waterman Florida Blue. It's a classic and still in my pen den. Why try to find an equivalent?

It would not be the Imperial Blue though they are close. If I had to venture an opinion I think it would be the Diamine Royal Blue. I would like to hear another opinion as my tired eyes are not the best with shades.

I looked at some swabs on the Goulet Pens site and found a few that look pretty close to the Waterman Serenity Blue. I did not see anything in the Diamine lineup that came close.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Personally, I don't find any of them particularly interesting, but that's why there are hundreds of different ink colors...something for everyone! :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Iconic classic ink. Richard Binder uses it for tuning nibs. If the ink doesn't work in the pen, it's most likely the pen.

I agree it's not the most dazzling ink on the planet, and it's not waterproof, but it will get the job done very well.

I used this ink for years as Waterman Florida Blue. It's a classic and still in my pen den. Why try to find an equivalent?

Why oh why did Waterman have to rename their ink colours?

But Florida Blue is a classic indeed, just like the washable blue Sheaffer'S Skrip ink.

I looked at some swabs on the Goulet Pens site and found a few that look pretty close to the Waterman Serenity Blue. I did not see anything in the Diamine lineup that came close.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Personally, I don't find any of them particularly interesting, but that's why there are hundreds of different ink colors...something for everyone! :thumbup1:

Akkerman Royal Blue (Koningsblauw) is very close to Sheaffer Blue, in my opinion.

...Personally, I don't find any of them particularly interesting, but that's why there are hundreds of different ink colors...something for everyone!

I am very old school so I am into serious colors. Ok, maybe a red at some point but no Apache Dirt. :001_smile

Top Bottom