What's new

Pancakes or Waffles . . .

Pancakes or Wafles?

• Pancakes

• Waffles

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi Gents: Hope all is well with you and your families. Just thought it would be fun to discuss this subject. I'll start.
First of all. . . I love me some pancakes and waffles. However, if I had to choose only one, it would be waffles.:laugh:

So . . . how 'bout you? Which one would you pick? Pancakes? Waffles? What's your story?

WARHAWK

Kitchen Aid Professional Waffle Iron
After many others, this was the one which opened the way to ease of baking and experimentation.
(But I have been known to make hot cakes on a large Lodge griddle.)
Oh... you missed crappy susies ~!~

I said waffles but if the pancakes are light and airy I prefer them. Most pancake recipes and restaurants make them too heavy, sit like lead in my gut.

Same batter, just different end products. For us, it's usually pancakes, but we love waffles also.
The waffles here are made from sweeter dough than pancakes. Belgium is known for its waffles. Pancakes are very popular in Holland.

Most mixes say they make pancakes or waffles. I make pancakes most Saturdays. After studying all the authoritative reviews and experimenting myself, I agree with the reviewers that Aunt Jemima is best. Better than all the artisanal and "gourmet" mixes.

The he secret to light and airy pancakes is very simple: use real buttermilk, not ordinary milk and mix only enough to dampen all the dry ingredients. It should look quite lumpy. Let sit to ruse at least 5 minutes, 10 is better.

Cook on an un-oiled non stick griddle. Should be about 375f for 3:00 to 3:15 on a side. Electric griddles are best.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I prefer pancakes with sausage. I never eat bacon when I eat pancakes. I love the taste of sausage (patties preferred, link in a pinch) with syrup on them.

I prefer pancakes with sausage. I never eat bacon when I eat pancakes. I love the taste of sausage (patties preferred, link in a pinch) with syrup on them.
Pancake with sausage and syrup is a traditional farmer's dish, just like pancake with bacon and syrup.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
If the waffles are Belgian, then waffles over pancakes.
But if the pancakes are heavy and bread-like, then regular waffles over pancakes.

Top Bottom