What's new

Martin De Candre samples

I just ordered a slice. Let's see what all the fuss is about.
it's really worth it. you won't regret it. as a matter of fact after i tried it, i sold all my other soaps and creams. believe it or not it's the only soap/cream in my den. waiting for loccitane cade to arrive!

Let's see... A kilogram of Cella is 38 oz. This sample is $10 per half ounce. That would be 76 times the cost of Cella (and others).

Marty

How many shaves do you think you can get out of a half-ounce sample?

While its a good thing to be able to test out an expensive purchase, I wouldn't want to commit to MdC (or any hardware or software) based on just one or two shaves.

you probably can get 10 shaves if not more of that sample.
my full tub i have now still looks full, i used it 55 times so far and only used 42 grams of product!
there is a thread here somewhere that explains how much grams/shave you use for MDC. i ll try to find it

How many shaves do you think you can get out of a half-ounce sample?

Brucered measured between .8 and 1.28 grams per shave. A half-ounce is just over 14 grams. Considering that I'm a light loader (2-pass shaver), I'm looking forward to a good dozen or more shaves.

yea probably! it does last a really long time, that's for sure.
let us know how you like it and how long it lasted.

I have used both soaps. And I wouldn't compare them against each other. MDC is far better. Lasts probably 3-4 times as much!!

Gents that bought this, what do you think? soap worth it?

Reviving this old thread to provide an update:

I got 11 shaves out of the 14g sample - and that was with heavier loading than was required.

Is it worth it? It is without a doubt on of the best soaps I have ever used. The lather was top-notch with tons of cushion and slickness, and the post shave feeling was fantastic. (Way better than Cella, mmaggi :001_smile)

I would have a hard time shelling out what MdC costs, when there are soaps that are almost as good for a fraction of the price (I'm really into Razorock Zi Peppino right now). But it's very tempting.

Reviving this old thread to provide an update:

I got 11 shaves out of the 14g sample - and that was with heavier loading than was required.

Is it worth it? It is without a doubt on of the best soaps I have ever used. The lather was top-notch with tons of cushion and slickness, and the post shave feeling was fantastic. (Way better than Cella, mmaggi :001_smile)

I would have a hard time shelling out what MdC costs, when there are soaps that are almost as good for a fraction of the price (I'm really into Razorock Zi Peppino right now). But it's very tempting.

Thanks for reporting back on this. Hopefully it helps other members. It's an expensive soap but cost wise when you compare how many quality shaves you get out of it, it's really not that expensive. I get 0.9 grams per shave so a 200g tub will give about 222 shaves! Can't beat that

MdC is the only soap I use. Great lather and the soap (I think because they dry it for months before selling it) is hard. I won't repeat others' arithmetic but the result is it lasts a VERY long time.

Craig

Top Bottom