What's new

Stretching skin and facial hair growth

I have question about how my facial hair grows by the sides of my lower lip. I've noticed that when I stretch the skin, little bumps form around the base of each individual hair. I'm wondering how this would effect my shaving with a DE razor. Last weekend was my first time shaving with a DE razor and things didn't go so well. This area on my face was an area of trouble. Will these bumps of skin always cause me trouble by getting cut by the blade? Do others have this same type of things with their facial hair in certain spots?

Those sound like trapped hairs. They can work themselves out, or they may turn into ingrowns. While they are trapped you may get tiny cuts there, or the razor may glide right over without cutting the trapped hair.

One easy answer is to avoid stretching in that area. You could also try a little gentle exfoliation about halfway in between your shaves, to free the hairs.

Even though the hair is actively growing, I think you were right about the exfoliation. I did a quick face scrubbing and the mounds of skin at the base of the hairs seem smaller now. When I get the courage to shave with the DE razor again, I will also be careful with how I stretch the skin in that area.

Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom