What's new

soap or cream suggestions?

Ordering a sampler pack of blades next week and looking to also try a new soap or cream. I'm currently using Williams but either me being new at this or the soap hating me I'm struggling getting a decent lather out of it. Any suggestions on good soaps or creams?

Catie's bubbles
Mikes natural soaps
Razorock
Stirling
Arko

You can't go wrong with any of these. It's impossible to mess up.

Williams is a pita to lather. Forget that stuff.

Oh and welcome to B&B!!

Last edited:
proxy.php

Welcome to B&B

Your profile does not say where you are located. You might want to update this so that you can receive better (more location centered) help from other members.

To update your location profile:

1) Click Settings at the top of the page
2) On the left sidebar under My Settings click Edit Profile
3) Scroll down and enter a general location (how specific you want to get is up to you)

Stick your zip code into the Kiss My Face store locator to find a retailer near you and grab a tube ($5) or pump bottle ($8) of any scent.

http://www.kissmyface.com/store

These are amazing creams and one of the easiest to lather. They are sold as "brushless" but stick a brush to it and you will have a lava flow of slick, luxurious, lather to use.

Drop into the Shave Wiki and read over some of the shaving articles. http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/ You will find a LOT of useful info in there.

If you have not already done so, stop into the Hall of Fame and tell everyone a little about yourself

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/30-Hall-of-Fame

Hey guys just loaded up a cart with cella, arko, soap commander as well as a merkur 15c and a sampler pack. Will let you guys know which ones I like thanks for the suggestions guys :w00t:

Avoid Williams as well as any other brands with lots of chemicals (most drug store stuff).

I think the most recommended soap here is Mitchell's Wool Fat. I love it and view it as the standard of comparison for all shave soaps.

Consider some artisan soaps that I like that have fans here at B&B:

Mike's Natural Soaps
Barrister & Mann
RazoRock
Cold River
Haslinger
Strop Shoppe
Antica Barbiera Colla
Czech & Speake

Stirling, Cella, and Proraso. Between these, you can cover every possible type and mood of shave you could ever want.

The only soap I have tried is Arko. I keep it in a vintage shave mug and lather right off the puck. It works. Some people consider the scent to be "polarizing", but as something to try it is inexpensive. I started with AoS Lavender cream and I still like it, but it is pricey. Of the tubed ones in rotation, I am fond of C.O. Bigelow, which is often on a buy-two-get-one sale at Bath and Body Works. Arko has creams in addition to soaps. I have opened the tube of Arko Regular and it lathers great, though like the soap there is nothing fancy about it.

well all the stuff I ordered came today ( Got to love next day delivery ) and I tried the Arko for my shave today and wow... this thing is a lather king compared to Williams... now to decide between trying the soap commander or poraso tomorrow
:)

Get some Taylor of Old Bond Street cream. They make a dozen or so scents, the most popular is probably the Sandalwood. You'll see good reviews pretty much anywhere you look. Great performing cream, slick, easy to lather, and awesome smell.

Another great line of creams is the Proraso line from Italy. I have a tube of their Sandalwood and Shea Butter (red tube) and their Eucalyptus (green tube)...both smell great, feel great on the skin and give a great shave. They're pretty inexpensive too, and perform great!

Get some Taylor of Old Bond Street cream. They make a dozen or so scents, the most popular is probably the Sandalwood. You'll see good reviews pretty much anywhere you look. Great performing cream, slick, easy to lather, and awesome smell.

Another great line of creams is the Proraso line from Italy. I have a tube of their Sandalwood and Shea Butter (red tube) and their Eucalyptus (green tube)...both smell great, feel great on the skin and give a great shave. They're pretty inexpensive too, and perform great!

I will be trying the proraso geen tomorrow :)

Hey guys just loaded up a cart with cella, arko, soap commander as well as a merkur 15c and a sampler pack. Will let you guys know which ones I like thanks for the suggestions guys :w00t:

I really like my Soap Commander. They are awesome to deal with too.

Top Bottom