What's new

Found in the wild - Fatboy w/case

Wife called me earlier today to tell me she picked me up a Gillette Tech with ball end handle in really good shape. Very very nice of her.

I had to run an errand at lunch and was down the street from a second hand shop - went in and asked them if they had any DE razors or shaving related gear. They directed me up the street, but before I got there there was a comic book, toy, video second hand store and I walked in. I asked the proprietor if he had any DE razors and he mentioned he had one that he had not put out yet, that it was the kind with the numbers on it. I was excited to hear that, but even more excited when he came out with a cased Fatboy - date code E4. I asked him how much he wanted - $10 was the reply. I could not get the wallet out fast enough. The case is scratched on the top and there is a little paper under the head indicating that 'Instructions are enclosed with dispenser'. I'll clean it up, polish it, but it is in fine shape compared to some on eBay.

$20150327_140526.jpg
$20150327_140534.jpg
$20150327_140554.jpg
$20150327_140609.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
They're still out there, keep hunting.

Congrats on the great find, that's a nice razor!

Thanks folks. I was very happy this afternoon for sure - felt like I got a nice birthday or Christmas gift.

The two razors are soaking in a nice hot dishwater bath and then a good scrubbing with an old toothbrush and then a bath in barbicide solution.

Never made it to recommended store. I have been to 20-25 secondhand store, consignment, thrift store searching looking for shaving related items. I have hit some nice shaving bowls (repurposed dishes), and a nice Ever-Ready handle, but that is it.

Will continue the hunt for sure!

What an amazing score!!! The razor we all are looking for and you find one in great shape for 10 bones..... Congrats on a awesome find.

Top Bottom