What's new

For Anyone Who Uses Mama Bears.

Hey Gents, I was just curious, does anyone else think that Mama Bears is a thirsty soap? The reason I ask is because i recently picked up a badger brush and used it with Mama Bears and the lather exploded off the puck... u never got that kinda lather from my boar. I must say that I love the lather the badger gives though.

Hey Gents, I was just curious, does anyone else think that Mama Bears is a thirsty soap? The reason I ask is because i recently picked up a badger brush and used it with Mama Bears and the lather exploded off the puck... u never got that kinda lather from my boar. I must say that I love the lather the badger gives though.

I find that with melt and pours that my badger will get more foamy lather and my boar gets a more creamy lather. I think it just has to do with the badger brush has more hairs and they are finer hairs, so there is more air induced to the lather. The boar has more course hairs and fewer so less air is induced to the lather with the same amount of work. I prefer the lather I get with the boar over the badger.

I find that with melt and pours that my badger will get more foamy lather and my boar gets a more creamy lather. I think it just has to do with the badger brush has more hairs and they are finer hairs, so there is more air induced to the lather. The boar has more course hairs and fewer so less air is induced to the lather with the same amount of work. I prefer the lather I get with the boar over the badger.

I usually got a dry lather from the boar brush and had to keep adding water, with the badger I didn't have to since it naturally holds a lot of water. The lather from the badger was incredibly creamy, like nothing I ever seen with boar.

I usually got a dry lather from the boar brush and had to keep adding water, with the badger I didn't have to since it naturally holds a lot of water. The lather from the badger was incredibly creamy, like nothing I ever seen with boar.

I put a tiny bit of water on the puck to soak while I'm in the shower. Maybe that is the difference?

Top Bottom