What's new

Help Identify unusual New Improved

$_DSC0367.jpgGuys,

I need your help with this one. The razor is a New Improved Made in USA with an unusual handle and case. The handle is the same pattern as a Tuckaway but is the same length as a bar handle. The case does not have a "Made in" mark anywhere. Only one picture tonight but I can get more tomorrow if needed. So what is this set?

Thanks,
BJ

Hi BJ,

I have a Tuckaway and the pattern seems to be different to that on the handle of your razor. The handle is noticeably longer than the Tuckaway and the case is not one that I have seen before. So, I can not be of much help, but my firend Edgar will undoubtedly reach into his historical treasure chest and provide the answer that you need. He must be currently indulging in his frivilous one hour a day sleep pattern.:laugh:

Cheers, George

I have a NEW Deluxe with the long Tuckaway style handle, I read its Gillette using up spare parts to save waste.
The blade box looks like the early type that comes with Single rings and ABC sets.
The fastening on the case I've seen on some sets for the French market, I have a single ring in a case with that type of fastening and it's from the French market with the G in D stamp.
The case you have I've not seen before, interesting set :detective:

I have a NEW LC with the longer tuckaway style handle, was told it was a frankenrazor, but if you have a similar setup it may well be Gillette dumping left over parts.

I have a NEW Deluxe with the long Tuckaway style handle, I read its Gillette using up spare parts to save waste.
The blade box looks like the early type that comes with Single rings and ABC sets.
The fastening on the case I've seen on some sets for the French market, I have a single ring in a case with that type of fastening and it's from the French market with the G in D stamp.
The case you have I've not seen before, interesting set :detective:

Everything Brian said, +1.

My long Tuckaway-style handle came in a Red & Black Deluxe set.

That case does look like something the French would have liked. There's quite a few different cases that were used for the French market, but I've never seen this particular one either.

Looks very nice.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. From what I can gather it seems to be something made for the English or French Markets. It is a very nice piece and I'd love to be able to solidly identify it.

Hi BJ,

I have a Tuckaway and the pattern seems to be different to that on the handle of your razor. The handle is noticeably longer than the Tuckaway and the case is not one that I have seen before. So, I can not be of much help, but my firend Edgar will undoubtedly reach into his historical treasure chest and provide the answer that you need. He must be currently indulging in his frivilous one hour a day sleep pattern.:laugh:

Cheers, George
:lol:

Everything Brian said, +1.

My long Tuckaway-style handle came in a Red & Black Deluxe set.

That case does look like something the French would have liked. There's quite a few different cases that were used for the French market, but I've never seen this particular one either.

Looks very nice.

$2aeeae6aac32ad71b368cbee26a3d779bc9243fb44c1e5f759cf7e510f0a84b4.jpg

there is a guy on ebay selling customized gillette razor sets. this is one of them. he printed the gillette logo on the case. i asked him about it and he confirmed it although he didnt mention in the auction information. so be careful, there are some guys out there to raise some extra cash with mismatches and customized stuff due to the increasing prices for gillette sets. the razor itself is known as long handle tuckaway and was sold in one variation of the red and black set.

there is a guy on ebay selling customized gillette razor sets. this is one of them. he printed the gillette logo on the case. i asked him about it and he confirmed it although he didnt mention in the auction information. so be careful, there are some guys out there to raise some extra cash with mismatches and customized stuff due to the increasing prices for gillette sets. the razor itself is known as long handle tuckaway and was sold in one variation of the red and black set.
So this set is a phony ?

Top Bottom