What's new

Where to find wood handles for DE razor?

I'm looking for an olive wood safety razor handle similar to this one...

$image.jpg

The only custom wood handles I've seen so far are very thick and ornate and are around $45...this razor is about $75 and has poor reviews, and I would just want the handle anyway.

Any suggestions?

Have you looked at Elite Razors. I don't think they have one just like that but they do have a nice selection of wood and other nice handles.

Try Etsy. There are a boatload of independent, small-shop artisans there.

You may be hard-pressed to find a handle very similar to that one. That handle looks sweet!

Last edited:
I don't know what reviews you have been reading, but Timor razors are highly underrated, excellent pieces of equipment. They also offer a line of low-priced Twist-To-Open razors that are made in China, but the razor you cite has a wood and stainless steel handle and is made in Germany. I have the open comb model and am always surprised at the lack of attention this great product gets.

Another option might be to contact Rudy Vey and ask if he can make one to your specification regarding shape, length, and wood species. I see one on his website now.

All great suggestions guys, thanks!

I don't know what reviews you have been reading, but Timor razors are highly underrated, excellent pieces of equipment. They also offer a line of low-priced Twist-To-Open razors that are made in China, but the razor you cite has a wood and stainless steel handle and is made in Germany. I have the open comb model and am always surprised at the lack of attention this great product gets.

I was really considering this razor but reviews are very few and most are not positive. And reviews on Timor straights are even worse. I'm planning on using the handle for another head anyway so I could just get it and not use the head but the price is more than what I want to spend for the handle alone. I'm glad you said that you're very satisfied with the OC though, I will consider it.:thumbup1:

All great suggestions guys, thanks!

I was really considering this razor but reviews are very few and most are not positive. And reviews on Timor straights are even worse. I'm planning on using the handle for another head anyway so I could just get it and not use the head but the price is more than what I want to spend for the handle alone. I'm glad you said that you're very satisfied with the OC though, I will consider it.:thumbup1:

I have that exact razor handle with both open comb and safety bar heads and both are very nice, efficient shavers and appear to be of higher quality than Merkur in finish. I haven't read a bad review on the German made safety razors, but plenty of not so great reviews on the imported and rebranded razors.

I have that exact razor handle with both open comb and safety bar heads and both are very nice, efficient shavers and appear to be of higher quality than Merkur in finish. I haven't read a bad review on the German made safety razors, but plenty of not so great reviews on the imported and rebranded razors.

:thumbup1:

The Timor is a good safety razor. Even if you swap out the head, you will have the handle that you want without having to do a custom job.

The Timor is a good safety razor. Even if you swap out the head, you will have the handle that you want without having to do a custom job.

Decided to pull the trigger on it.

I reviewed all of the suggested artisans sites and a custom job would probably end up costing close to what I paid for the Timor razor. We'll see how it works out.

Thanks guys!:thumbup1:

Just FYI folks, the handle is NOT made of stainless steel. Not a bad razor overall, I'll post a full review in the DE forum.

Top Bottom