What's new

L'OCCITANE Travel Shaving Brush

I handled one in the store and they didn't seem nice to me, thicker hairs than the better synthetics out there. The knot is smallish and the loft is too short.

Ok thanks for the input. Not sure I will be buying it then. The metal cylinder is what was making it attractive but I will get another brush instead.

I have tried a few travel brushes and been generally disappointed in them. Now when I travel I just carry a L'Occitane Plisson in a Muhle Protective Tube and could not be happier.

--Bob

I have tried a few travel brushes and been generally disappointed in them. Now when I travel I just carry a L'Occitane Plisson in a Muhle Protective Tube and could not be happier.

--Bob

I have as well tried several "travel" brushes including this one. I don't like the feel as much as a more traditional brush and other travel brushes are multi-piece in which the connection areas are wear points. You're better off with a synthetic of your choice in a brush tube (I use a pill bottle). I use the Plisson from L'Occitaine and I really like it, but the only thing I would change is the handle as it is wood. My next selection would have a resin or plastic handle as the wood isn't as durable (dings and water absorption). FYI, I travel 40+ weeks a year.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I am a proponent of traveling with a brush, as opposed to a "travel brush." A synthetic has some fine advantages for travel.

Interesting points about travel brushes. Thanks. Right now I am looking at Omega and this really small brush that doesn't cost much. It is boar and fits in a small pill bottle.

I have been thinking about synthetic and The Body Shop sells one but the handle is made of wood. I haven't had good luck with wooden handles.

The wood handle on synthetic brushes work better - since there is no reason to soak synthetic bristles. They don't absorb any water, so if you run water over it for a few seconds it's now holding as it's much water between the bristles as its capable of.

Since the synthetics dry in less than an hour (and don't rot), a full size brush works good for travel :)

ps: the body shop brush is not one of the better synthetics. It's about as similar to the Plisson Cade available at Loccitane stores for $30 as the VDH boar is to a semogue owners club brush...

Last edited:
I have one in each away-from-home kit. At first I was impressed with the lightweight, the collapsibility, and the quick-drying properties. The longer I used them, the scratchier they felt. You practically had to splay the hard bristles into your face to raise the lather. At some point I may break down and get a travel holder for one of the many Chinese badger eBay specials that I have. I may also just go back to finger-painted goo for the road.

Top Bottom