What's new

First Two SEs Waiting in My Mailbox

Looks like my Schick Injector and Gem 1912 are waiting for me at home:w00t: Really looking forward to trying these out. Will probably start with the 1912 and report back tonight. Thank you to this forum, wouldn't have ever really known about these!

Last edited:
Those are two great razors for an introduction to single edge shaving.

I was in your place last summer. Now I use single edge razors exclusively, and have collected around 75 of them.

You've been warned. :thumbup1:

--Bob

Ouch, got lazy with the injector, I guess, and had a rough go of it. Definitely was not keeping the head flat against my face though.

The older injectors are so light, it's easy to apply a little pressure - don't. Also, if the PO didn't leave a blade in it, the new blade may have been dulled a bit when you loaded it. Schick packaged their new razors with a dummy blank so the first blade wouldn't be dulled as it contacted the blade stops.

The 1912 will likely never drop out of your rotation (or at least maybe one of the 15 others you will soon obtain :lol:)

The older injectors are so light, it's easy to apply a little pressure - don't. Also, if the PO didn't leave a blade in it, the new blade may have been dulled a bit when you loaded it. Schick packaged their new razors with a dummy blank so the first blade wouldn't be dulled as it contacted the blade stops.

Thank you, that could be it. Definitely was empty when I loaded it.

The 1912 will likely never drop out of your rotation (or at least maybe one of the 15 others you will soon obtain :lol:)

I think you are right about the 1912, but the CVS blades will be dropped:)

My 1912 was my first SE and still has a prominent place in my rotation. I switch between it, a Shovel Head, and the MMOC on a regular basis.

I think you are right about the 1912, but the CVS blades will be dropped:)

The CVS blades aren't the best, there's a discussion in another thread comparing carbon blades and the CVSs didn't fare well.

Check/google around your area for a Good Neighbor pharmacy - they'll have a small shaving section and should have Gem SS and carbon blades as well as Schick blades for your injector. Most mom-and-pop drug stores seem to stock them, they deserve our support.

Check/google around your area for a Good Neighbor pharmacy - they'll have a small shaving section and should have Gem SS and carbon blades as well as Schick blades for your injector. Most mom-and-pop drug stores seem to stock them, they deserve our support.

+1

The little independents have been a great source for blades for me.

Few and far between though. Walgreens came in a few years back and bought out most of them. Still a few left that didn't sell out.

I've got an independent pharmacy here where I have picked up 5 packs of Wilkonson Swords for $1.25. Will check them for SE and Injectors now too!

Swap out to a new blade. Loading into an empty head probably killed the blade's edge. Can we get a shot of the head to see if anything's misaligned?

Thanks for the offer, here it is. I thought the same thing about the blade so this 2nd shave was also a brand new blade.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
In the last pic, it looks like the blade isn't in level. The right side of the pick looks to show more exposure then the left. Perhaps the left guard in the pic is squished down, resulting in the blade rubbing on it when loading? Either way, the blade does not appear to be straight.

Top Bottom