What's new

Show Your Revolvers

In my searching I did not come across a thread for posting pictures of revolvers. I have owned and shot automatics, but something about the dependable revolver appeals to me. I would be interested in seeing others.

Here is my small collection, all Smith & Wesson. I have target grips on them for my monthly competition, but prefer the look of the original Magnas. From top to bottom they are: Model 642 (.38 spl +p), Pre-model 10 "Military and Police" (.38 spl) and my Pre-model 18 "Combat Masterpiece" (.22 LR).

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 448
Only combustible cartridges.

Pietta replica of Colt 1851 Navy .36, custom knife made by a local smith, with all leather work done by myself about 25 years ago.

Attachments

• $Gunbelt Holster & Sheath.jpg
    $Gunbelt Holster & Sheath.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:
A loyal old friend from my younger and dumber days:
Late 60's or early 70's era S&W Model 19, tuned action, target hammer, trimmed trigger guard, white outline rear sights, red ramp front sights, and Hogue hard nylon Monogrip.
$Old Comrade_s.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice revolver Joamo. I am familiar with muzzleloaders, I assume yours takes cartridges?

I haven't made any combustible cartridges for it, so I pour and ram each chamber. My best accuracy has been with conical bullets, 30 gr black powder and 35 gr corn meal poured on top as a filler.

Not a big wheel gun guy, but I have a few...

Uberti replica, Remington 1858 New Army, .44 cal.
proxy.php

1945, Tula Arsenal, M1895 Nagant.
proxy.php

I haven't made any combustible cartridges for it, so I pour and ram each chamber. My best accuracy has been with conical bullets, 30 gr black powder and 35 gr corn meal poured on top as a filler.

Combustible cartridges are kind of fun to develop, but they are no real advantage unless you are trying to use cap and ball revolvers in a SASS match or something similar where you have only a limited time to prepare your firearms between stages. You still have to worry about getting any embers out of each chamber, and ensuring that your cylinder is not bound up by fouling.

Top Bottom