What's new

disposable razor question

I have a bag full of CVS sensitive skin single blades that I've had for years. I tried shaving with one the past few days, and both days the shaves have been harsh, like maybe the edge is not smooth. I shaved with a Bic Sensitive before that, and the shaves were OK. Is there really a huge variance in the quality of blades among disposables?

I have a bag full of CVS sensitive skin single blades that I've had for years. I tried shaving with one the past few days, and both days the shaves have been harsh, like maybe the edge is not smooth. I shaved with a Bic Sensitive before that, and the shaves were OK. Is there really a huge variance in the quality of blades among disposables?

My experience has been there is definitely quality differences in disposable razors, some are actually pretty good and some are brutal to the point of being unusable. Also, if they have been laying around in an opened package for quite a while there's a possibility that you could have started to get some oxidation on the surface of the blade which could certainly account for some harshness.

Top Bottom