What's new

A more aggressive shave ?

I am looking for a razor that provides a slightly more aggressive shave than my edwin jagger. I've been looking at the Parker long handle model and heavyweight as well as razorock. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. By the way, I posted this yesterday but can't find my post anywhere. So if this is a duplicate, accept my apology. thanks

Go vintage Gillette. You'll never regret it. Get an Old, New Improved, or New. Great razors and classic style to boot.

I really like my ATT M1 w/Kronos (3 1/2") handle. I don't know your budget and it does cost $185 for the head/handle but, it is stainless steel and will last several lifetimes. The M1 is mild, R1 medium and the H1 is very aggressive. They have a 4" handle called Colossus. They do offer a 30 day guarantee and if the R1 is not aggessive enough you could exchange for the H1. M1, R1 and H1 are safety bars and the M2, R2 and H2 are Open combs. They also sell S1 and S2 slants. Good luck in your search for a more aggressive razor.

I think going to a more aggressive open comb would be a bigger jump than a more aggressive safety bar.

The Merkur Slant may be a good choice, not much of a learning curve from your Jagger but will definitely give a more efficient and aggressive shave.

You could also get the Merkur Progress, a similar head to your Jagger but the ability to become more aggressive by adjustment.

Yes, I am looking at the 99R. As far as vintage gillette, unless it's new old, I just don't feel right using someone else's razor. ( I know, it's sterilized, but still, it was someone's). So sorry I got rid of my old Gillette from the early 60's. , but, who knew?

The Parker 3 piece razors are more aggressive than either the Edwin Jagger or the Merkur razors. But very smooth. I have a 94R which I love.

I am very happy with my Merkur 39C. Slant head, long heavy handle. Known as the Sledgehammer for good reason.

I love my 39C as well. It's definitely a step up in terms of skill required, and I had to re-learn my technique all over again...but it was so worth it for the results it is capable of.

Top Bottom