What's new

Converted my wife!

I've been DE shaving for a few years now, but my wife was never very interested in it. She was always certain that she'd just end up cutting herself. Finally, a week or so ago, she got the last razor out of a pack of Venus disposables and I guess had had enough. I said, "Well, you know, my razor blades cost less than a quarter each." And she decided to give one of my razors a try. Other than a little nick on the ankle (which she said sometimes happens with the multi-blade razor) she was very happy with the results.

We ordered her an Edwin Jagger razor with an extra long purplish handle.

proxy.php

Mine tried my Merkur 23c and didn't like the sharp corners. She did fall in love with a long handled Black Beauty, and still uses it 8 months later.

Congrats. I have been working on my wife now for about a year. So far, no go, but I am still trying. Remember, the couple that shaves together stays together!

My wife uses my gear and loves the shave. I putting together a real nice Mother's day gift for her which will give her some of her own goodies. Come to think of it I am going to need to buy more Cella soon she loves that stuff!

Congrats on converting the wife, I enjoy the hobby so much more with my wife. Last night my wife used my slant with a feather blade,I was so proud of her

Good deal, I have yet to convert my wife to actually using my DE razors but she has gotten hooked on my creams/soaps/croaps. She has her own Omega Pro 49 and she loves one of my synthetic brushes so I'm sure it won't be long before I never see it again. I have found she is much more inclined to support my addiction when she benefits as well. Some day I hope she will try her own DE razor, she has had me shave her legs with one and really enjoyed it but thinks it will take too long for everyday use. I'll keep working on her, in the mean time congratulations on your success!

I got my wife to give it a go. I had her use Kiss My Face shaving cream which she hand lathered on her legs. Unfortunatly, the Gillette SS did no do it for her and my Merkur 34c was too aggressive for her. She does still use the KMF which she likes a lot.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Great news OP! And that Lavender looking handle is very purty. :)

My wife has been old skool wet shaving for a few years now. It didn't take me too long to get her interested. There is a sneaky, suttle way of convincing an unsure wife of picking up a DE razor. I just simply started shaving my wifes legs for her. Once a week for several months at least. What wife doesn't want her man to shave her legs?

Once I knew she was hooked on the smooth, close attributes of a DE, I started shaving her legs less and weaning her off of me doing it. It was easier to convince her then of picking it up and taking over, because she didn't want to go back to a inferior cartridge shave. She now shaves her legs & armpits in the shower, and has accrued quite the small den.

Blue Lady Gillette
Gillette Long Handle Adjustable (Black Beauty)
Schick Krona
Merkur 180

She uses a Moisture Shave Black Badger brush I gave her, and likes TBS Maca, TOBS Avocado and Kiss My Face creams. She makes her own aftershave balm. She really likes how her legs look & feel from DE shaving.

Top Bottom