What's new

CFG Sherlock

I have it, but haven't used it yet. I'm not sure of the scent, quite honestly, and found your thread because I was looking for some feedback to see if others had the same impression. I'm not getting the scents as described, but that could just be my rather imperceptive nose. SWMBO, who is very "scentsitive", said it smelled "nice" - even if she wasn't excited about it, she didn't find it off-putting, either.

I got the Easy Street in the same order. I wasn't sure of that scent, either, but decided to start it Saturday as my soap of the week. I must say that the scent is growing on me, though I'm still not wild about it. The lather, though...oh, that lather! Granted, I've only used it three times now, but it's really slick and easy to work with, similar to Strop Shoppe. If I leave the "soak water" on the soap and take a mostly dry brush to it, I get a wonderful start and actually can use that initial explosion as my base.

As for longevity, I'm using boar (Omega 10066 as well as vintage) and I'm hardly making a mark. I would guess (and it's just a guess) that four months of daily shaves would be quite reasonable.

FWIW, I hope this helps.

The question was about the aftershave, not the soap. This is the aftershave forum.

Oh.

Poop.

$facepalm.gif

Its been a while since i last used it but I remember the scemt lasting about 6-8 hours probably a little longer since I wasn't a huge fan of the scent and skimped on application, but longevity is not too shabby at all.

I have it, but haven't used it yet. I'm not sure of the scent, quite honestly, and found your thread because I was looking for some feedback to see if others had the same impression. I'm not getting the scents as described, but that could just be my rather imperceptive nose. SWMBO, who is very "scentsitive", said it smelled "nice" - even if she wasn't excited about it, she didn't find it off-putting, either.

I got the Easy Street in the same order. I wasn't sure of that scent, either, but decided to start it Saturday as my soap of the week. I must say that the scent is growing on me, though I'm still not wild about it. The lather, though...oh, that lather! Granted, I've only used it three times now, but it's really slick and easy to work with, similar to Strop Shoppe. If I leave the "soak water" on the soap and take a mostly dry brush to it, I get a wonderful start and actually can use that initial explosion as my base.

As for longevity, I'm using boar (Omega 10066 as well as vintage) and I'm hardly making a mark. I would guess (and it's just a guess) that four months of daily shaves would be quite reasonable.

FWIW, I hope this helps.

Haha I hope I'm not hijacking your thread boss, but i actually wouldn't mind hearing more about Easy Street's scent :)

Didn't like it at all. It smelled like American Blend (which I love) and instead of it being perfect in that, it has a strange leather scent with it that messes up the smell completely, imho

Didn't like it at all. It smelled like American Blend (which I love) and instead of it being perfect in that, it has a strange leather scent with it that messes up the smell completely, imho

Sorry I haven't checked this thread in a while, but what a bummer I've been curious about it but I'm pretty I wouldn't like it since Sherlock didn't really do it for me. Anyways thanks for the reply bro, have yourself a wonderful weekend and abhappy Easter!

Sorry I haven't checked this thread in a while, but what a bummer I've been curious about it but I'm pretty I wouldn't like it since Sherlock didn't really do it for me. Anyways thanks for the reply bro, have yourself a wonderful weekend and abhappy Easter!

You too my man!

Top Bottom