What's new

A little more aggressive

I currently use an edwin jagger dbl 89 and now looking for something a little more aggressive. I am considering the Parker long handle models. How are they ranked aggressively? What else should be considered? Thanks

I too have an De89 and I ordered a parker 24c. I've had it for a week or two and haven't used it yet. I plan to use it in the morning. I'm hoping its a bit more aggressive. I love my de89. It seems the 24c will be a bit more aggressive but I'll definitely repost after I have my shave.

you have quite a few options depending on how more aggressive you want....vintage Gillette like a Red Tip or 40's Super Speed are easy to find and shave great....or a NEW long or short comb if you'd like to try open combs are a great choice....the Parker's are economical and the open comb or safety bars have a solid following.

You might consider the Maggard MR6 or MR1. A little more aggressive than the EJ 89 but not as much as the Merkur 34C (my second favorite). Either the Merkur 34c or the Maggard MR1 or MR6 you will find sufficient for your needs.The Maggard MR6 is now my daily shaver and I love it. I can feel what the blade is doing and get very very close shaves (even BBS without trying) with it. It sees to like either the Astra SP or the Personna Red blades. Beware though, a more aggressive razor does require more THOUGHT on your part as to technique. Short passes and go slow. You will be amazed how well it works. :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Last edited:
Top Bottom