What's new

22 year old son shaved his beard off.

He used the straight for all but the chin area. (first straight use for him) Nicked himself on the chin with the flare tip he used for that part. Only a little irritation on the neck.
Twerp did much better on his first than I did my first 50.

Geez, get him a shavette, or a spike point. Darn kids... :)

But seriously.. Tell him he done good. :thumbup1:

He's old fashioned for his age. He likes 1911s and Garands, too. (maybe because we were both born on John Moses Browning's birthday?)
Yes, the twerp also stole my birthday.

Liking those just means he doens't like modern garbage and prefers things that work, Get him a decent straight and a strop.

That's the age to learn a straight: the skin is taut, the eyes are sharp, the nerves are steady, and you think you're immortal.

My son is only six (I started late). He studies his old man carefully when I shave. One day I hope he'll do the same to me as your son did to you. You have all the right to be a proud father. It might sound stupid but I'm already slowly collecting a Swedish seven day set with ivory scales to him for when the days comes when he has proved that he can appreciate such a gift. You're a lucky man. [emoji2]

My first straight shave was at 22 as well. My father thought it was silly then, and does to this day. It's great that your son has a supporting mentor... Looks like you might be sharing some of that collection!

At least I know that some of my crap will be appreciated after I'm gone. (like my dad's 1911 and Garand...)

Had my son shave for the first time last night. Didn't let him use the straight just yet. He's only 14 and I was more interested in showing him about lather and the basics of shaving. He did like the DE razor (WEISHI 9306). I wanted him to use something that wasn't very aggressive. He even opted for some Pinaud SR. No weepers or burn, just a little nick at his jawline.

My twins are a year and a half cant wait for them to be old enough to shave now they think my tony millers a flat climbing rope and the pinuads a tasty green juice thank god the straights are out of there line of sight lol congratuations sounds like your sons a natural

My 13 y.o. grandson walked into the den while a was stropping several weeks back. He looked at me and asked "what kind of shaving are you going to be teaching me when the time comes?" I just smiled. His eyes got real big and he walked away.

I am planning on starting him with a DE, but I will also soon teach him the straight if he shows interest.

My son is only six (I started late). He studies his old man carefully when I shave. One day I hope he'll do the same to me as your son did to you. You have all the right to be a proud father. It might sound stupid but I'm already slowly collecting a Swedish seven day set with ivory scales to him for when the days comes when he has proved that he can appreciate such a gift.

I agree 100%, I too have a young son and I have a seven day set of Ivory MK31's for him when the day comes for him to appreciate them.

My son is only six (I started late). He studies his old man carefully when I shave. One day I hope he'll do the same to me as your son did to you. You have all the right to be a proud father. It might sound stupid but I'm already slowly collecting a Swedish seven day set with ivory scales to him for when the days comes when he has proved that he can appreciate such a gift.

I agree 100%, I too have a young son and I have a seven day set of Ivory MK31's for him when the day comes for him to appreciate them.
LOL. I've got a couple to go before I get the full set of MK31, but there's plenty of time. I guess that it's a very good gift to pass on between generations; it's small, personal, rare and precious.

Top Bottom