What's new

Portuguese FOZ VIDRO Deodorants.

I bought my first deodorant around late 1961 or early 1962...Not the massive selection you see today,but there were a few.My pick was the glass jar of Lander chlorophyll.I imagine what I had learned in school led me to the "chlorophyll" choice..The stuff was very moist,smelled great,but wasn't very effective,more of a "cologne cover-up"....Soon after I switched to Mennen stick which contained hexachlorophine,this stuff worked fabulous !...In the early 70's a baby in Europe died from the hexachlorophene in a baby talcum,it was banned at once,and it took Mennen several years to come up with something that approached the effectiveness of the old formula....So..recently I was searching for a source of Tabex Mentolado aftershave,and discovered Portugal is still cranking out glass cylinders of deodorant,just like in the 60's,and going back to the 1930's....Foz Cosmeticos de Portugal has a nice selection,I'd like to try some,anyone have a lead on where I could get some,and Tabex as well ???.

Attachments

• $deodz.JPG
    $deodz.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 38
  • $deod333.jpg
    $deod333.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 36
  • $deodfff.JPG
    $deodfff.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 36
Now you got me :302:. have no idea how they smell, just have a visual memory from my chilhood, to see those cilinders laying around. If i would have to guess, i bet they have a mild smell. That stuff was pretty obicous on those times, then disappeared from the mainstream, and returned on the last years. Curiously the factory is near were i live.

Now that i looked close, I notice that you refere Lander. They were sold under that precise name, now i belive they don't use that name anymore, but, appart from that, the package remains identical.

Top Bottom