What's new

Debate over: This is the correct way to dispense toilet paper!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I saw this note on MSN (chuckled inside
proxy.php
), and thought..."I wonder if this was discussed amongst us"
proxy.php

And 'lo & behold'...it was...http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/93915-Toilet-Paper-Over-or-Under-%28Poll%29

Yoni Heisler - BGR - 19 March 2015

"Mac or PC ? Coke or Pepsi? Tupac or Biggie? Some debates are simply meant to rage on for years on end, with impassioned adherents never missing an opportunity to try and convince you that you’re on the wrong side of the equation.

Well, now we can finally take one such debate off of the table — how should a roll of toilet paper be oriented, over or under?

Though various forms of toilet paper can be traced back a few centuries, modern day toilet paper is largely considered to be the brainchild of Seth Wheeler who, in the late 1800s, invented perforated toilet paper.

Genius!
proxy.php

In 1892, Wheeler was issued a patent for this invention, and what better source of expertise to settle the 'over or under' debate than the man considered to be the father of toilet paper.

Taking a look at Wheeler’s patent, it’s clear that over is the way to go. :w00t:

Read More:http://bgr.com/2015/03/19/toilet-paper-over-or-under/

proxy.php

proxy.php
"Changing the toilet paper roll will not cause brain damage". Unknown Author

Thanks for the post. Do the same rules apply in the southern hemisphere (Coriolis effect and all that)?

Mounting the toilet paper as shown in the Patent picture is a recipe for disaster for anyone with young kids or pets. you are simply BEGGING to find that roll unspooled on the bathroom floor. That is why under beats over.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
The knuckle draggers who prefer their TP under are probably the same poeple who like Miracle Whip instead of mayo. :lol:

Mounting the toilet paper as shown in the Patent picture is a recipe for disaster for anyone with young kids or pets. you are simply BEGGING to find that roll unspooled on the bathroom floor. That is why under beats over.

I never thought of this. Good point.

Nope. I just prefer my TP on the roll rather than on the floor. We had one cat so inventive that we had to put kiddy (or in this case kitty) latches on all the cabinet doors to keep her out.

The truly scary part was when I found her on the counter, fumbling with the door knob. I think that if it had been a lever rather than a knob, she'd have been able to open the door.

There was a very funny scene in "All in The Family" where Archie is all up in arms because Mike put the TP on coming out from under. Don't remember the outcome but it was funny as heck. :lol:

I'm very "anal" :lol: about this, and will always turn the roll around if it's not coming from over the top of the roll while I'm sitting there solving the worlds problems.

B&B's Emperor of Emojis

Nope. I just prefer my TP on the roll rather than on the floor. We had one cat so inventive that we had to put kiddy (or in this case kitty) latches on all the cabinet doors to keep her out.

The truly scary part was when I found her on the counter, fumbling with the door knob. I think that if it had been a lever rather than a knob, she'd have been able to open the door.
Orville & Kit:
Good points...cats vs. TP...challenge accepted ! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"Well thats done...what should I do next", said the Cat

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I wonder if there is any correlation between these two things. FYI, I am "over" and like regular mayo.
James:
Hmmm...in our home it's 'over' and I like Miracle Whip.
attachment.php

proxy.php
"You'll never appreciate what you have until it's gone. TP is quite a good example". Author Unknown

Wheeler’s patent shows square sized sheets. Why couldn't the world standardize on that? Why are individual sheets in UK so much larger? Why do different countries have different sized toilet paper sheets?

Does this have to be another metric vs feet/pound, A4 vs 8.5x11, Celsius vs Fahrenheit debate point?

Top Bottom