What's new

Oven Bacon

Mike H

Instagram Famous
This morning my little girls ask me to make bacon. I had other things I was working on so I tried the oven method for the 1st time. It was super easy, basicly no cleanup, but most important, I could do other things while the it cooked. And it was delicious.

proxy.php

This spatter-free technique puts the "bake" back in bacon. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper, then lay the bacon strips flat, making sure pieces do not overlap. Bake until crisp and browned, 15 to 18 minutes, or desired doneness, rotating the sheets once. Transfer strips to a paper towel to drain.

I do this a lot but only if I'm not using my cast iron for the meal. If I plan on using my cast iron skillet for the meal then the bacon is the first thing to cook in it.

I thought the messiness of cooking bacon was natures way of keeping us from eating it for every meal. I may have to reconsider.

I will have to try this method. I always make a mess in the kitchen when I fry up bacon. Hey have you guys ever tried bacon jam?

I've had bacon jam, and it was surprisingly good. Went to a restaurant in Hollywood recently and my son ordered a Chocolate Chip and Bacon cookie. Also quite good.

I've resorted to oven baking my bacon, as I'm pretty picky about consistency (want it VERY crunchy) and I find the oven gives me more control over the finished product.

I always cook my bacon like this. Instead of parchment paper directly in the sheet pan, I use a cooling rack. It drains off the fat for nice crispy bacon.

This is how I have always cooked mine. Line a pan with aluminum foil. Altho I do mine at 350. But the same result. Plus the bacon stays flat so it's perfect for burgers or sandwiches.

I oven bake bacon....but i usually put it on a cooling rack over foil, over sheetpan so the fat drips through the cooling rack.

Oven cooking is super easy, and so little cleanup it's like cheating. I do this anytime I'm cooking bacon for the kids.

This is how I ALWAYS do bacon. To add excess bueno factor, sprinkle with brown sugar. Sticky, but couldn't be a better kind of sticky.

Save it, put it in a jar in the refrigerator. Bacon fat can be used as a fat in the pan for just about anything. Use where you would butter or oil in the frying/sautee pan.

Top Bottom