What's new

Why i LOVE Proraso pre-shave

1) It's very effective as a pre-shave. I normally do two passes and apply it before each pass. I've found that at least for me, it is much more important on a second pass then first. Only after first pass, when apply second time, i can really feel that cooling and it leaves my skin very happy.

2) If it helps with razor burn, why couldn't it help with other burns? Of course it can! There was a time when i burn my hand with hot pan. Wasn't that bad, but still hurt and it was red. I applied Proraso pre shave on a wound liberally and magic happened. :blink: In maybe half an hour it felt MUCH better, same with the sunburn. Just an awesome treatment for all kinds of stuff,

3) If it's winter and i have runny nose, sniffing Proraso helps as well, thanks to menthol & eucalyptus. :thumbup1:

Overall i think EVERYONE should have this stuff, it's excellent for all kinds of things. By the way, normally i use sensitive version and think it's more efficient, although right now i have sensitive & regular mixed about 50:50, very interesting as well. Works like sensitive, but cools like regular. :w00t:

Last edited:
Glad to hear this works so well for you. I tried it and it does not seem to make much difference in my shaves, but YMMV.

I have done a lot of with and without trials and for me it really works, and is much better than oil as a pre shave.

My only gripe is it has to be ordered online, and it is pricey. I would like to find an effective substitute -- I hate the smell of noxema.

Been thinking about trying it...not sure if I should get the red or green? love them both in their creams, but wonder if theres a particular benefit to a pre-post having menthol/eucalyptus?

I am not sure if it truly helps to make the hairs softer, in respect to hot water, but I love the refreshing feeling of the Prosaso Pre-Shaves (White & Green), so I use them every once in a while -as I rotate my preshaves between mondial, bartex, the Shave Doctor and ToOBS Oil.

I love the cooling effect. Since a couple shaves I decided to use olive oil as pre shave oil and I found out it works much better. However I still use the green proraso shaving cream. For me it's the best shaving cream and I have tried many other brands.

...been thinking of trying a sample of the Proraso Preshave. I use the Edwin Jagger Preshave with menthol right now, and it really makes a difference for me.

Been thinking about trying it...not sure if I should get the red or green? love them both in their creams, but wonder if theres a particular benefit to a pre-post having menthol/eucalyptus?

i like the white -- does not clash with the fragrance of soaps, creams, etc. so much.

imo it does not "soften" things up but it adds to the glide factor.

I believe it doesn't really do much about beard softening. It's all about what it does to your skin. If you have a tough skin, not prone to irritation and / or your technique is very good, maybe you don't really need it. For me it helps to keep my skin in normal tone during and after shaving. Without it my skin is usually slightly red / pink in some areas, not really a irritation but more like just slight normal reaction to sliding a sharp blade on my face, i guess. With proraso, my skin is white and nice right after shave and feels more moist and happy. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom