What's new

Sous Vide anyone?

Tomorrow's feast, 4lb corned beef cooked for 24 hours. $IMG_20150321_170209.jpg$IMG_20150321_171543.jpg

Counter/storage space is at a premium at my place, so the stick is perfect for me. I've had the Anova for a couple of months and have only cooked steak.

Love the custard-like consistency of sous vide scrambled eggs. And the soft-boiled eggs are delicious.

I also have the Anova Precision and have been loving it. Yesterday I dropped in a top blade roast for tonight's dinner. All that is required is to pull the roast out of the bath and give it a quick sear. Done. Easy to use and only temporarily takes up counter space...immersion circulators are a nice tool for the home cook.

Love the custard-like consistency of sous vide scrambled eggs. And the soft-boiled eggs are delicious.

I also have the Anova Precision and have been loving it. Yesterday I dropped in a top blade roast for tonight's dinner. All that is required is to pull the roast out of the bath and give it a quick sear. Done. Easy to use and only temporarily takes up counter space...immersion circulators are a nice tool for the home cook.

Save those bag juices for a tasty sauce!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
How did it turn out Dom?

I like the idea of the stick as space is limited in my kitchen.

The company I work for have a couple of commercial Sous Vide cookers, this is the biggest cooker they have.
The process is the same, just bigger.

$20150313_093203.jpg

$sv.jpg

Last edited:
Santa brought one to our house this year, and we're having a lot of fun trying out different recipes. Looks like high quality consumer grade models are finally hitting the $100-150 range that make them more mass market friendly, I'd expect there to be a lot more coverage of sous vide in the general press this year.

I have been playing with the one I hand carried back from UK in Nov last year: so far, chicken, highly successful, steak, only tried once and need to practice more. Carrots are amazing, and pear works really well. I have only tried 'poaching' eggs, i.e., in shell in the water and have had mixed results - again more practice needed!

I opened my Anova christmas morning have done a few things and am very much looking forward to all it can do. Chicken this evening was great!

Top Bottom