What's new

Maggards

Last week I orded a Maggards MR6 razor (primarily for the handle) along with an Omega 11137 boar brush and 2 tubs of Arko shaving soap. I was going to use the handle for my Merkur 15c head but decided to try it out first. By the way, this is a nice heavy (but not too heavy) razor and absolutely beautiful. Long story short - - I LOVE THIS RAZOR. Loaded it up with and Astra SP, did my usual prep while brush was soaking, and tried out the Arko. Thirsty soap but nice lather and more importantly provides a nice slickness. I took my time and actually tried for a BBS (which I usually don't do). Guess what - I got it with just a 2-pass and touchup. With this razor you can actually feel the blad and what its doing so it is easy to control. I love my open comb razors, but the MR6 looks like it will become my daily shaver. Smooth comfortable shaves with no irritatin. I LIKE IT.
$MR6Omega11137Arko.JPG

Last edited:
Maggard's is my go-to place for all of my wet shaving needs! They can't be beat. Great razor and brush! Plus, you can't go wrong with the Arko.

I have their M3 coming tomorrow. I mainly bought it for the handle, so I can pop my Gillette Tech head on it. :thumbup:

Last edited:
I'm set on handles but I'm thinking about ordering one of their heads just to try plus they are very inexpensive. I have a very mild edwin jagger and a kronos R1. I think the maggard will fall right in the middle of those 2.

That is a beautiful razor. I placed my first order with Maggards recently and though I have not yet received my items the customer service has been outstanding. Will definitely order from them again.

I will eventually buy a couple of their scratch and dent heads, just to have them around. They are a fantastic shave, IMO.

I will eventually buy a couple of their scratch and dent heads, just to have them around. They are a fantastic shave, IMO.
I've been using mine since I got it as a daily shaver. Great shaves every time with no irritation and excellent shaves. Love the weight and balance of this razor. Think we will become great friends....

The head looks very similar to my Sabi/Mariner head (plenty of blade showing)
I would call mine "medium aggressive". Not too aggressive but a little more than the Gillette SS (close to a Merkur 34c but not quite). Just sorta somewhere in between. Love it.....Definately not as aggressive as my Merkur 11c (which I love also) but somertimes get some irritation with. No irriations (so far) with the Maggard. Loving it. I can get DFS and close to BBS without trying.When I try for a BBS - no problems at all. Its there....I'm really loving this razor!!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom