What's new

Getting serious about wet shaving again.

Wow! I just checked and my last post as nearly 4 years ago. :blush:

I got into wet shaving a little over 4 years ago and after having tons of problems with lathering from soaps, lack of funds, and general overall laziness I eventually stopped using my brush altogether and for about the last 3 years only used every man jack or The Real Shaving Company shaving creams. I would just dap a little on my face and rub it in with my fingers. I never did give up on using a DE though and only once went back to canned goo.

About two years ago I moved and we now have a new water company so I decided to give using a brush and soaps another try and I also wanted to try shower saving to cut down on the cleanup and mess. I had a tiny bit of a sample of wool fat (or so I think it was) and tried that yesterday. I actually got a pretty decent lather and I know with a better brush and more practice it could be really good!

Aside from just reintroducing myself I am in need of a couple of suggestions.

First, I know there used to be a few people on here that sold tons of different samples of soaps, aftershaves, etc but after looking around for a little while I was unable to find anyone. If anyone is still doing this, could someone point me in the right direction?

Second, I am interested in getting another razor. I have a Gillette ball (I think it is) that I haven't used in a very long time and it has actually corroded somewhat. I haven't tried cleaning it up, and I am not 100% positive it even can. I also have Red tip tto that isn't in the best of shape. Any suggestions of something I should look at the is still fairly inexpensive but maybe a little more aggressive than both of those or even adjustable?

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Mike; If you're short on equipment you might look at Garrys Sample Shop website for a complete starter set and a good selection of blade samples. Garry's prices are very reasonable and he is a B&B member.

Check out Maggards. I have one of thier MR6 razors (stainless steel handle) and love it. Its about medium aggressive ( a little less than the Gillette RedTip) and cost less than $20.00. Its become my daily shaver. A good soap I find is the Razorock Classic for ease of lathering. Just a couple of ides for you.

Thank's. Looking at Garrys I think that is one of the ones I looked at a few years ago. I am really just looking for soaps, AF, and other things like that (other than one more razor). Any other people or places anyone can recommend other than Garry? I like to have options. :tongue_sm

I am more than set on blades. I bought 100 each of feathers and 7o'clock green (my two favorites after trying tons) from a guy on here 4 years ago and still have plenty. I use blades much longer than most so that will probably still last me another 2 years.

Top Bottom