What's new

Cella vs Vitos cocos

I love Cella. It is my go to shaving soap. I've thought about trying Vitos Cocos (red) but it is such a commitment in the kilo bicks. So I come to you more experienced shavers.
How do they compare?

Also a fan of Cella and it's my "baseline" soap.
I've not tried the Vitos Red, I did buy a sample of the Vitos Green.
Not bad, but I like the Cella Sapone Extra Extra Purissima mo-better.

Interested to see the responses as always...

Very interested in seeing the responses. For me Cella is top notch in lathering & slickness.

Would like to know the differences in lathering and slickness (if they exist at all).

I can't compare to Cella, but I would say without hesitation that if I needed to buy soap right now I'd be happy to get a kilo of Vitos.

I was much more impressed with Vitos Red than I was with Cella. I liked the Vitos scent more, and it felt better on my face.

However, YMMV, and I guess I'm in the minority, so Cella probably is your safest bet.

I'll take Vitos red over Cella (both brick and red tub) any day. I have 2 kilos of Vitos red stashed away and might add some more for a rainy day. The Vitos green is easier to find, never tried it but I hear it's no where as good as the red.

Last edited:
The only difference is in the ingredients (Cella contains coconut oil) and strength in scent. Otherwise it appears the performance is interchangeable.

YMMV and such, but my impression was that the Vitos lather performed better for me. Plus I got a slight burning sensation from Cella, but not from Vitos.

Found this review: http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/s...susan-darnell-vitos-sapone-extra-super&cat=40

The only difference is in the ingredients (Cella contains coconut oil) and strength in scent. Otherwise it appears the performance is interchangeable.
I too notice a slight tingling when I first started using Cella. That quit after about a week of usage. I love Cella and am just about out. I want to buy another kilo and am trying to decide if I'm willing to give up my tried and true Cella for a new to me Vitros.
It's about a 2 1/2 year commitment

Thank you. I don't know why I couldn't find that review.
Although I love Cella, I think I'll try the Vitros red. Vitros is actually about 20% less expensive. Thank you all for your help...

If you are willing to wait & gamble on the falling euro, you can purchase Vitos delivered to the US for less than $20. Right now it's about $23. The exchange rate 2 weeks ago was $1 = 0.96 euros. This is after about a 30% drop in the Euro from last summer. This week the Euro bounced back to 0.92 and it's b/c the Federal bank is balking about increasing the $$$ interest rate. Once the interest rates are raised on the $$$, it becomes more attractive and the euro will fall again.

But with that gamble our friends at TVBShaving could run out of stock. The choice is yours. Is $3 more or less worth it? The choice is yours. :001_smile

That's just an opinion, No one knows what the dollars FX rate will be next week, next month, next year. The word on the street though is the strength of the US$ today already factors in the near term likelihood of a rate increase.

Cella is my personal favorite, but Vitos Red is really just as good (way better than the other Vitos croaps). The current price, including shipping, at TVB is excellent.

I like both, they are both great performers, but I prefer Vitos with Cocco.

$vitosredlather.jpg

Top Bottom