What's new

Aftershave hot sauce bottle jackpot!

Hey all. After reading about decanting aftershave in hot sauce bottles I discovered my new place of employment throws away empty Tabasco and Franks bottles........ALOT OF THEM. I currently have over a dozen of each. I plan on using some of them and sending out others to B&B members when I collect enough.

What size are the bottles? I'd like to get a couple if I can.

I save my old Tabasco bottles. I get the 2oz. size and it takes me close to a year to go through each bottle. I rinsed out the last one, but I don't know of an easy way to decant another liquid in there. The neck is pretty tiny, and I don't have a funnel small enough.

I use habanero sauces at home. I'm not risking those bottles but I have a save order on all the tamari, soy and Worcestershire sauce bottles in the fridge.

I save my old Tabasco bottles. I get the 2oz. size and it takes me close to a year to go through each bottle. I rinsed out the last one, but I don't know of an easy way to decant another liquid in there. The neck is pretty tiny, and I don't have a funnel small enough.

I use a syringe, the type used to give oral medications to children.

Do you mean it takes you a year to go through 2 oz of Tabasco or the aftershave that gets decanted into the bottles? I'm pretty sure I typically go through a few ounces of hot sauce at each sitting. I may have a problem...

Do you mean it takes you a year to go through 2 oz of Tabasco or the aftershave that gets decanted into the bottles? I'm pretty sure I typically go through a few ounces of hot sauce at each sitting. I may have a problem...
I mean it takes me about a year to go through 2oz of Tabasco sauce. I use it sparingly, usually a couple of drops in the batter when I make scrambled eggs, or I stir some into my V-8 when I remember to drink some juice with breakfast.

FWIW, I consume Sriracha sauce at a much faster pace. I go through a 12oz bottle in about 4 months, since I can put it directly on top of more things, instead of mixing it in. Meatloaf, burritos, chicken, etc.

I find that Tabasco tastes better than Sriracha, and I appreciate the fact that it uses only a few, simple, natural ingredients. And Sriracha is much more economical.

As for aftershaves, I'm still using the same bottle of Nivea Sensitive ASB that I bought about 5 years ago. And my Floris Santal that I got in 2011 is still 70% full. I'm not scrimping when I apply these. I use generous amounts. But the products just seem to go on and on forever.

I use the regular size Tabasco and Franks bottles. Tabasco is 2 oz. I do not recall where I got them but I am using a syringe that has a plastic screw on tip. Works great. You may be able to find one at an automotive or industrial suppply store. We used them for precision greasing bearings. Shoot me a PM if you would like some Franks Red Hot bottles for a PIF. Easy to clean, AS just comes out a little faster.

Holy cow!!! An ounce is 2 tablespoons!! I agree...you have a problem ;)

Holy cow!!! An ounce is 2 tablespoons!! I agree...you have a problem ;)

I have a pretty high tolerance. We had Thai food last night and I went with Thai Hot. Discovered that I do still have limits. It was edible, but just barely. After about 6 bites I had to stop and pull all of the chopped Thai chilis out. Then it was pretty good. I'll back it down to 3 next time and add my own chilis.

I have a pretty high tolerance. We had Thai food last night and I went with Thai Hot. Discovered that I do still have limits. It was edible, but just barely. After about 6 bites I had to stop and pull all of the chopped Thai chilis out. Then it was pretty good. I'll back it down to 3 next time and add my own chilis.

Yeah, there's a differene between Thai hot and American hot. My wife and I found that out when we ordered papaya salad and asked for it to be Thai hot. Almost too hot to eat...but we managed.

Lol. I have a fairly low limit. I love tabasco, though.

I mean it takes me about a year to go through 2oz of Tabasco sauce. I use it sparingly, usually a couple of drops in the batter when I make scrambled eggs, or I stir some into my V-8 when I remember to drink some juice with breakfast.

It took me two years to go through a bottle of Chipotle Tabasco sauce... a gallon bottle. I figured that was too long so I didn't get another gallon and just buy the regular size now, but my niece is helping me use it up now so they're going at a faster pace.

I'm soaking one of the bottles now to use for after shave, going to try and get the smell out of the plastic flow restrictor if possible. I figure to put the CVS Arctic Blue in there as the plastic container isn't much to look at.

I will be switching jobs next week. The gravy train of hot sauce bottles had derailed. Hopefully my supply of about 2 dozen Frank's and a dozen Tabasco last a while. Although they are glass I will be putting a bunch of them in the PIF pile.

Top Bottom