What's new

The Boxing Thread

This is an interesting article. It's clear that Canelo wants nothing to do with GGG, but making the excuse that his body isn't prepared to make 160 lbs is ridiculous, as he'll probably show up to the fight tonight at 170 or higher. Either way this fight between Cotto and Alvarez should be a very exciting one. I like both guys so I won't be rooting for either one.

I agree that Cotto wants no part of GGG. He made that pretty clear after his last fight with Jim Gray saying that he was really a 154 pound fighter.
You make a good point on his weight. I will be looking for his fight night weight to see where he comes in.
I really don't think Cotto or Canello can deal with GGG. In any event tonights fight has " great one " written all over it.
Canello was favored last time I checked but considering the difference in experience and coaching my money is on Cotto.
If Cotto has a night like Rios just had he should take his money and enjoy his retirement.

I don't know what to think. Fury has written a big check with his antics and will look like a fool if he gets knocked out.
On the other hand I picked the older , more expirienced Cotto to win last Saturday night. I picked Cotto's expierience, coaching and skills over Canello. What I did not count on was Canellos noticeably improved skiils,footwork and iron chin.Opening moneyline is Fury +333 Klitchko -455.
I'm going to stay with the money this time and pick Klitchko.

Oh, I'm not going with Fury; trust me. i assure you I'm tuning in though.

I love Klitschko's robotic responses to Fury. Screw moneylines, my motor is running on this one.

side note: took me over 3 years to notice this thread

Oh, I'm not going with Fury; trust me. i assure you I'm tuning in though.

I love Klitschko's robotic responses to Fury. Screw moneylines, my motor is running on this one.

side note: took me over 3 years to notice this thread

Same here. This is a must see for me . I believe it was Cunningham that put Fury on the canvas. It will interesting to see if Vlad can do the same, or if Fury goes for broke at some time to land big power on Klitchko_One way or the other it will be a fun one to watch.
On your side note, thanks for the heads up. Help spread the word in your other postings and we will get other boxing fans on the crew.
Remember this is your thread as well as it is mine. Feel free to post anything you think is relevant to the conversation.

I have seen quite a few of Furys fights and I think the void in class between the two will be very apparent on Saturday night. I think it's a case of how long Klitscho wants it to last, as I can see him dominating the fight to the end. I will be surprised if it goes to the scorecards, especially with Furys below par defence.

I have seen quite a few of Furys fights and I think the void in class between the two will be very apparent on Saturday night. I think it's a case of how long Klitscho wants it to last, as I can see him dominating the fight to the end. I will be surprised if it goes to the scorecards, especially with Furys below par defence.

Klitchko will be the same as he always has been. He will jab jab jab and then try to get his power in.At some point Fury will
have to decide to sell out his defense and try to KO Klitchko or at least knock him down. This is where things will get interesting. Both have been on the canvas before.

This is too good to pass up.
Add your caption to the picture:

proxy.php

Tonight's YouTube fight: Oscar de la Hoya vs Felix Trinidad. I find it funny when Oscar calls Floyd a "runner." Especially after revisiting the last 3 rounds of this fight.

I remember seeing that fight live. I think it was Gill Clancey in his corner that told Oscar that he had the fight in the bag.
Big mistake.

Happy Thanksgiving. A bout of food poisoning has left me home away from the festivities. Just finished the emotional HBO special on Gatti-Ward. Tonight's YouTube fight: Mayweather vs Hatton with a bottle of Gatorade

Happy Thanksgiving. A bout of food poisoning has left me home away from the festivities. Just finished the emotional HBO special on Gatti-Ward. Tonight's YouTube fight: Mayweather vs Hatton with a bottle of Gatorade
Happy Thanksgiving to you. 25 years ago tonight I had a bout of food poisoning from a batch of turkey dressing. It did not kill me but it made me wish I was dead.
I hope you are back on speed for the fight this Saturday night.

Finally! Klitschko was the most annoying and boring champion in all of boxing. For years he has used his height to smother his opponents and has gotten away with it match after match. He finally ran into someone as big as he is, that couldn't be smothered.

Good riddance. I hope there can be some excitement in the heavyweight division now.

Top Bottom