What's new

What is your longest lasting fragrance?

Many colognes simply do not stay on my strange skin, so I tend to be attracted to scents that stay with you a while. QEDman Badger & Blade may be my main contender, along with GFT Sandalwood and lately, Guerlain Vetiver. I've just begun to realize how long the Guerlain stays on my skin, these scents are so well crafted. Mysore Sandalwood oil stays on me 24 hours, as well.

What are your longest lasting fragrances?

Provence Sante's Verlaine has some serious stamina for me. It is also a bit overpowering if one is not careful but it is a decent vervain/linden frag. It is a bit sweet so if that is not your thing, you may want to pass. Finally, IMHO it is a steal at ~$15/1.7oz.

I agree about Vetiver. I love it and it lasts a long time on me. Polo (green) and Rive Gauche pour homme both last a while on me.

declaration by cartier, leaves you with a strong cedarwood smell all day long, in some cases, you smell like a pensil,

I think just about everything I used lasts all day long. I dont apply alot of any product and dont want you to be able to smell me from more than a foot or two away. I just can stand when a person smells up a room. The only time I want somebody to smell me is when a woman is standing extra close.

Bigelow Bay Rum and SCS New Spice. But considering that the New Spice takes so little, it is my top contender. I can still smell it over 8 hours later with just half of a spray.

Gen-freakin-darme.

Man that stuff not only is bad, it lasts for days. Literally.

It had potential. But they killed it at the factory and buried it in back next to that little metal shed. You know the one. With the rusting barrels all around it and no one really knows what goes on back there? That one.

That's where they buried Gendarme.

Brooks Brothers 1818
C&S 88

I am a citrus scent fan and they all last far too short of time.

If you like citrus, I'd recommend:

i Profumi di Frenze's Agrumi di Sicilia - long-lasting limes that softens (after a few hours) to a citrus floral. Not too sweet or powdery on the dry down. I'm also trying the Costa Meditrerranea frag from them and like it. It has citrus, but comes across more as a marine scent (but not like Cool Water or anything potent). Available from beautyhabit.com I've done business with them (no other relationship) and give them a big thumb's up.

Acqua di Parma Colonia - a great citrus/rose that's long lasting and nice. Online from a lot of places and in several major stores (Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, etc.).

Parfums di Nicolai Cologne Nature - citrus and some floral but hard to describe the difference. From beautyhabit, too.

These are my three main summer/spring scents and while they have similarities, each one really is different.

Parfums de Nicolai New York is seriously strong and lasts easily a full day.
Caron Third Man likewise lasts into the next day, but vintage Chanel Antaeus however has them both handily beaten.
Guerlain Vetiver also lasts very well, but by evening has dimmed significantly. What is nice about Vetiver is that - unlike the top three - the first few hours aren't industrial-strength powerful. GV is discreet the whole day through.

At the moment I'm trying Estee Lauder Azuree (yes, a wimmen's scent) and God help me if it doesn't bring to mind Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men, another wildly powerful and long-lasting scent.

Finally, if you're looking for serious lasting power, you might consider looking into some older-production bottles. Generally speaking, the older formulations were stronger and had better ingredients, particularly for the larger houses - Guerlain, Chanel, etc.

I generally do not like my fragrances to have a very high longevity.
>12 hrs and they start to annoy me :lol: That is why I really would not know which one is the longest lasting. I never have any longevity issues and I can make eau de colognes to last very long.

The longest lasting fragrances I have are
Guerlains, YSLs, Guccis and any Gaultier - Never had any problem with them.
Montales. 2 sprays are enough.
Concerto Fragonard.
Bois du Portugal and Acier Aluminum.
Dreamer.
CK Be
Havana
Knize Ten

Wait, now I remember which is the longest lasting: Tea Rose by the perfumers workshop. 2 sprays and 48 hours later... DAMN! :a47:

Top Bottom