What's new

Fragrance Samples Discussion Thread

I was not 100% sure what Iso E super smelled like. Many people seem to enjoy it so I bought some Iso E super to try. NOW I KNOW! Its a smell I will never forget. If anyone wants it I will give it to anyone who wants to pay shipping.
Thanks, but I don't want to endanger the dogs or my neighbors . . . .

I was not 100% sure what Iso E super smelled like. Many people seem to enjoy it so I bought some Iso E super to try. NOW I KNOW! Its a smell I will never forget. If anyone wants it I will give it to anyone who wants to pay shipping.

I'm scared, but I'll do some trading with you for it.

Iso E is a fascinating thing to me. You can detect is much from the bottle even at full concentration. Once you dilute it and spray it you know what it smells like. However it kind of hides and then pokes its head back out throughout the day. I can see why some perfumers like to use it but again not for me. Its just.... I don't know strange. It woody and kind of spicy but not in a good way.

John Varvatos dark rebel rider.
Top notes are bitter orange, aldehydes, saffron, marjoram and hyssop; middle notes are orris, osmanthus, black violet, rock rose, olibanum, resin and tolu balsam; base notes are russian leather, cacao, vanila, atlas cedar, patchouli and woody notes.

Great sent! Love it and then it's gone on two hours. It's a sweet leathery oud tobacco vibe before it dies

Today
Narciso Rodriguez for Him Bleu Noir
The fragrance is clean and sharp, with depth and sensuality, as well as the
original fougere and musky character. The spicy accord consists of nutmeg and
cardamom. The signature musky heart of this composition remains the same,
complemented by a woody accord of blue cedar and black ebony.

So far I am liking it. I have a sample from Nordstrom and they sprayer does not give much juice so I am wearing maybe 2 real sprays at most. When I first tried it I put one very small spray on the inner elbow and to my surprise it seemed to project very well. Its been about 5 hours after application and it still seems to be doing very well. Its reminds me of the original in terms of the musk but with cardamom as the dominate note.

$IMG_20160906_174150608.jpg look what I Just started

Midnight in Paris is a wonderful fragrance and I can see why it's well received. It opens powdery, hints of greenery and soft leather. I don't get the citrus in the open, but who cares, lol. I have a ton of frags that I get a blast of citrus upon first spray, so I'm fine when I run across one that I don't pick up on it. After about 10 min after the powder starts to wane, I do pick up on super light florals, but it's not feminine at all, then bring on the smooth tonka. I was a little nervous about this one, especially when the powder hit me, but all in all I really like it.

Yatagan....holy animalic pine needles, Batman! Now, this is a manly outdoorsy musky scent that I can enjoy! Is it possible for a fragrance to be bright and animalic? That's how this makes me feel, damn I wanna go sharpen my axe and split firewood :)

Midnight in Paris is a wonderful fragrance and I can see why it's well received. It opens powdery, hints of greenery and soft leather. I don't get the citrus in the open, but who cares, lol. I have a ton of frags that I get a blast of citrus upon first spray, so I'm fine when I run across one that I don't pick up on it. After about 10 min after the powder starts to wane, I do pick up on super light florals, but it's not feminine at all, then bring on the smooth tonka. I was a little nervous about this one, especially when the powder hit me, but all in all I really like it.

Yatagan....holy animalic pine needles, Batman! Now, this is a manly outdoorsy musky scent that I can enjoy! Is it possible for a fragrance to be bright and animalic? That's how this makes me feel, damn I wanna go sharpen my axe and split firewood :)

now, I'm getting more leather from Yatagan and I love it. Great fragrance and I can't believe it took me this long to try it.

Just got a 10ml decant of DSQUARED POTION. I was thinking it was the Royal Black version when I agreed to the swap and its not. So here goes

Top notes: red mint leaves, angelica and thyme.
Heart: rose petals, black peppercorns, tear drops of gentian and cinnamon sticks.
Base: cashmere wood, patchouli, amber and musk.

Opened with spicy cinnamon almost clove like. I am not a huge fan of spicy cinnamon and spice bomb darn near killed me. I had a sinus headache after an hour.

Anyway this is not a hot spicy cinnamon but a rather warm and creamy cinnamon. It reminds me a bit of Kerosene copper skies but less thick and less syrupy. Not a bad scent at all.

More to come on performance after a few hours of wearing.

now, I'm getting more leather from Yatagan and I love it. Great fragrance and I can't believe it took me this long to try it.

I'm not sure what's up with my nose but the opening of Yatagan smells like celery to me--almost like a vegetable stew or something. Looking at Fragrantica, I'm not the only one. If I could get past the celery note, I would like it.

I'm not sure what's up with my nose but the opening of Yatagan smells like celery to me--almost like a vegetable stew or something. Looking at Fragrantica, I'm not the only one. If I could get past the celery note, I would like it.

It's awesome how we each perceive these juices differently. I didn't get celery in the open at all, but I might now...after reading this. Will report back if I do

It's awesome how we each perceive these juices differently. I didn't get celery in the open at all, but I might now...after reading this. Will report back if I do
I never got pickle from any of the IA stuff but my wife did. After she said it she messed it up for me. DANG IT!

I just sprayed the Shay and Blue Salt Caramel sample on my wrist. I am now compelled to eat my wrist, perhaps up to my elbow. I smell like food; a great fragrance, but not what I want to smell like.

Top Bottom