What's new

Razorock Baby Blue mini review

I was fortunate enough to grab a bottle of Razorock Baby Blue after shave splash last week, and I really like it. It's alcohol based with glycerin and castor oil in the ingredient list but without menthol. There is a slight initial burn, not as strong as the Pinaud line. Scent is clean but less sharply clean that AV Ice Blue, and powdery citrus, less sharply citrus than Floid Vig, more like melon squited with a bit of orange juice than pure citrus actually. I also detect a less sharp, sweeter "Clubman spice" vibe. Prior to dry down there is slight tackiness but no heaviness. Face feel after an hour is spectacular; soft and smooth, and unlike AV Ice Blue, no residual tackiness remains. Scent fades to a nice clean powder detectible 3-4 hours later. Dear wife wholeheartedly approves.

A+ stuff, especially at $19.99 for a 400ml glass bottle. Highly recommended.

My Stable:

• Clubman
  • Lilac Vegetal
  • Virgin Island Bay Rum
  • Floid Vigroso
  • Aqua Velva Ice Blue
  • St Charles Shave Lime Splash

Last edited:
I really liked it too. I do miss the menthol though and think I am going to try adding some menthol ctystals to my bottle. The smell is great!

I'd love to see a side by side comparison with Floid Blue!

I love all the blue aftershaves.

Here's a little comparison.

Bottle

Both have nice big heavy glass bottles. The Floid cap is a little nicer and screws on and off easier. The Floid also pours out better.

Scent

The RazoRock and Floid are very different in scent profile. The RazoRock is much more powdery and has a melon like citrus scent. The Floid Blue is a sharper clean scent. RazoRock scent lasts longer where Floid fades faster.

Performance

Both have awesome performance. Floid has menthol which gives a nice face feeling and cooling effect. The RazoRock does not have menthol.

Value

You can not beat the RazoRock value. 400mL for $19.99 compared to Floid 400mL for $49.99.

Overall they have a lot of similarities like the size, bottle, color, etc but the scents are very different. I would not say if you like one you will like the other. They are different products.

$uploadfromtaptalk1426749462087.jpg

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I bought some just before Joe ran out last time and have 3 bottles in the reserve. It's a very nice AS IMO and, for the price, it's really worth it. If you do buy this, check for the Atomiser. I also bought one and it makes everything easier.

I added a few drops of peppermint to mine and I now have a cooling effect when using this. So it's a win!

I just got my first bottle of Baby Blue last week, so far it has proven to be my wife's favorite scent. I'm not as astute at defining the scent profile as is the OP, but I find it has a nice powdery scent that lasts a good while.

Finally ponyed up and bought a bottle of this. Got it yesterday and of course had to use it this morning. Absolutely another wonderful product from RR. I am terrible at describing scents, but the OP pretty much nailed it. I got no burn whatsoever from the alcohol which I was surprised at. It really is a bargain at 19.99 for 400ml even if you include shipping it's less than 27.00 bucks.

It really is a bargain at 19.99 for 400ml even if you include shipping it's less than 27.00 bucks.

I didn't think it was possible to order less than the minimum required for free shipping. What restraint. On a serious note, it really is a great aftershave.

I went and acquired a bottle a few weeks ago and I'm really digging the scent - a combo of sweet, powder and a kind of tropical citrus.

Edit; the white "Bakelite" cap just broke - the thread inside is already stripped....not happy.

Last edited:
I've been using Baby Blue for a while now and have grown to really appreciate it. Powdery and sweet scent, feels great when first applied, soothing with very little sting or burn. The scent matures after a few minutes and a lot of the sweetness becomes more muted, and the citrus comes out a bit more, also some sort of floral or wood scent I can't put my finger on hides under it all.

As Luc mentioned above, the atomizer that ItalianBarber also sells goes really well with the Baby Blue, 4 or 5 squirts covers much better than a splash. I might be crazy but I also think applying with the atomizer helps the scent develop quicker. I get the impression that the bottle and scent were made with an atomizer in mind. I find the scent lasts for a few hours, similar length of time as Pinaud Clubman for me.

The heavy glass bottle is great, don't plan on traveling with this aftershave. I like the small ridges around the bottom of the bottle, first time I used it my hands were wet and would have dropped it if it wasn't for those little ridges. The label isn't everybody's cup of tea, but I like it.

As always with Razorock the value is fantastic. For a while i just enjoyed their soaps, but recently I've come to appreciate their aftershave offerings more and more.

Top Bottom