What's new

The Razorock Hawk

I was on the twitter feed for Razorock and came across this new upcoming razor slated for Q3. It looks beautiful. I never knew they made safety razors like this.

$Hawk.jpg

I wonder how many blade companies make blades that fit that. It looks like it could be a DE blade broken in half. If it took a special type of blade that only a couple of companies made that would turn me off. I like knowing that my DE razor will take whatever the best blade for my face is. Classy looking razor tho.

I wonder how many blade companies make blades that fit that. It looks like it could be a DE blade broken in half. If it took a special type of blade that only a couple of companies made that would turn me off. I like knowing that my DE razor will take whatever the best blade for my face is. Classy looking razor tho.
I thought the same thing but am still looking forward to it. I have seen single edge blades before.

No problem getting SE blades. They're long lasting and comfortable. Some of my best shaves are with my SE razors using GEM coated blades.

The Hawk will take the Feather Professional and KAI Titan blades. These are the same blades that the Cobra and the Mongoose use. It will not use the GEM coated SE blades.

eric.

I hope it is a better design and fit, than the Cobra. I didn't like the way it shaved, and the build quality left a lot to be desired. There is a lot of griping on other sites about it being a variant, or somewhat of a clone of the Cobra. With any luck it will be an improved design. I also didn't like the width of the Cobra blades. Also the Cobra was hard to get the blade to align in the razor.

Just my opinion.

I wish someone would concentrate on making razors for injector sized blades. It might conceivably increase the choice in blades.

How so? Are the Mongoose, Cobras and Feather Artist Club variants just toys?

I don't know anybody that sells Feather blades- I've never seen them sold in beauty or barber supplies (I've seen a lot of blades that go into Derby's straight razors, though). And for the price of this new razor, I could buy a half dozen injectors on eBay.

This is a razor a handful of hobbyists will buy. Which is OK, live and let live but for the average shaver, even the average traditional shaver, it's a toy.

Last edited:
Feather and Kai blades on Ebay are very comparable in price to the Chinese Schick injector blades. As for the cost of the razor, that's for each person to make their on decision. Much like DE razors, there are razors at all price points.

Hawk eats the mongoose eating the cobra. To be clear, this is a single edge razor that takes AC Pro blades and is manufactured from 6063 aluminum for the head. According to Joe, the price point will be fair and depends on the finish he decides to go with.

I don't know anybody that sells Feather blades- I've never seen them sold in beauty or barber supplies (I've seen a lot of blades that go into Derby's straight razors, though). And for the price of this new razor, I could buy a half dozen injectors on eBay.

This is a razor a handful of hobbyists will buy. Which is OK, live and let live but for the average shaver, even the average traditional shaver, it's a toy.

They are all over the internet. Arguing that you cannot find them in beauty or barber supplies, but then state that you'd buy a half dozen injectors on the bay doesn't particularly make sense. If you are willing to shop on ebay you should be willing to purchase Artist Club blades on the internet as well.

So they do have them for sale already? I'll be checking daily, hourly then. I gotta get one.

Per the original post, Q3 of this year. The image is of the first prototype that Joe will probably test himself.

Very nice, more of the Feather Pro style razors are definitely needed.

Joe, if you're accepting applications for testers please sign me up. I would love to test this one and share my thoughts prior to it's release.

Top Bottom