What's new

What Do You Think of While Shaving?

Usually I'm thinking about the lather and how the soap is performing ... whether or not I like the brush I chose that day, how much I love my New SC and whether or not I should have it replated in rhodium ...

Basically when I'm shaving I'm thinking about shaving ... it's very zen like in that I'm in the moment completely.

I think about nothing. I just start to shave and when I'm done I feel very relaxed. I have been using the same setup for almost 9 months and traditional shaving never got boring.

Grandfathers. EVERY time. Wish I had one that THEY actually owned. Always think "would they have used a razor like this?"

or which character on Mad Men was old enough to use this one. Bert Cooper, Roger Sterling, Don Draper, or Pete? Lol

Trying to remember the stuff I forgot to do last time, like this weird patch of jawline that's opposite everything around it. And to not nick myself. And to remind myself that it's ok to skip XTG under the nose, because that's just too dangerous.

Think about trying to make this a Bloodless day...... try to make today better smoother check out this Razor, Blade combo....... Man I NEVER realized my face grew hair in so MANY direction!!! ... ..... Watch your angle you DUNCE!! yer gonna cut yer Throat!... Whew made it one more day..... no Blood, Cuts, nicks or weepers!!!!! (BTW today was 61 consecutive days !)

I pay particular attention to technique. Angle, pressure, whether the lather feels wet enough, or the blade is cutting smoothly. Basically, my attention is on the shave. I believe technique is the most important thing in shaving, assuming sharp blade, good razor and good lather. I use a variety of different razors, so I'm not a fan of "auto pilot" shaving. My attention is on the shave. 100%.

Unless I'm reading your responses incorrectly, it seems that most of you would be happier if the wet shaving ritual lasted twice as long!

And why not? Compared to scraping ice off the windshield, fighting the traffic to work, dealing with a boss, or scraping putty, cleaning gutters, and answering telemarketer phone calls... lathering up with a mug of hot foam wins hands down. Take more time with that brush; the rest of the day is going downhill from here!

Who knows? You might find an even more enjoyable way to shave.

View attachment 557712

Top Bottom