What's new

Soennecken

I got lucky and found a NOS burgundy Soennecken S6 in ebay for $37. The nib looks to be a med oblique, but the nice thing is that it has a lot of flex. Piston was a little stiff until I got some ink in and worked it a bit. I liked it so well I went back and bought two more one for a gift, the other a back up. I pulled the nibs on these and applied a little silicone grease and slicked up the action, I guess they are so old any lubicrant must have dried out.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I checked it out before I almost bought one and the nib is plated steel. Still a nice pen ... can you see through the window what material the piston is? Some are cork.

Nib shot.
$soennecken S6.jpg

I checked it out before I almost bought one and the nib is plated steel. Still a nice pen ... can you see through the window what material the piston is? Some are cork.

Nib shot.
View attachment 557332

At that price, even NOS I think you are correct on the nib, It still writes as good or better than some current day gold nibs on high end pens. The window is extremely clear and you can see the piston which is synthetic. Like I said earlier the piston was very tight, so I removed the nib and lubed with a tiny bit of silicon grease.

Top Bottom