What's new

Greetings from Arkoland

I've the rare pleasure to be in Ankara for 2 days and it's true that Arko is to be found everywhere here in Turkey. There's the stick at around 60¢, holding its own against Gillette crud, but also plenty of Arko creams and deodorants. I had to hold back and not buy any, since I still have 11 sticks to get through (which only cost me a piffling $1).
But I picked up a bottle of the Turkish classic lavender cologne made by Rebul for less than $5 (also rather pervasive). This stuff is legendary in Turkey, and what caught my attention was an anti-counterfeit badge on the box. Even at this price, there's clearly a counterfeit market sufficiently impactful that they go to the expense of applying anti-counterfeit measures.
Rebul was started by a Mr Reboul from France in the late 1800's and the original store still exists in Istanbul. A great story here: https://www.rebul.com/corporate/products.asp
The packaging has a rather high-end feel, although the bottle itself is a little cheaper looking (especially the cap). But the smell is excellent and certainly gives every impression that Rebul remain one of the few who still uses real lavender.

Sounds like you found it.

Enjoy the trip, and be sure to try food other than kebabs.

Last edited by a moderator:
60 cents? That's amazing. Provides an insight on the profit margin in soaps and creams. I am all for profit, just think that 60 cent price is a real winner.