What's new

Remember to remind yourself how lucky you are!

I just returned home from another day at the "office". A little "agitated" and glad the day is over. Then it came to me that I am a very lucky and blessed individual . My house is mine, I own it and have obligations to no one. When I open a tap I get clean water, hot or cold as I wish. my toilets flush. I have food in my icebox and my wife loves me for all my shortcomings and strengths.And I love her for all of her shortcomings and strengths. Any thing else is gravy and I remind myself that someone always has it better and someone always has it worse. So many people find reasons to be unhappy and dissatisfied. I think we all have to remember the basics that make everything else work.
Thats all I have to say about that.

God Bless...

Awesome viewpoint.

I'm trying to "re-calibrate" my mental outlook. Normally after someone at work aggravates me I let it bother me the rest of the day. Now I'm trying to remind myself I only have a few years left in my career and it will be time to go fishing.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php

You are feeding the correct wolf.

Sometimes I stress out over the smallest things and forget just how good I've got it. I needed to read this. Thank you.

Amen. Most of what we worry about are "problems of the rich." As long as you have food on the table and a roof over your head, you're ahead of the game.

I just returned home from another day at the "office". A little "agitated" and glad the day is over. Then it came to me that I am a very lucky and blessed individual . My house is mine, I own it and have obligations to no one. When I open a tap I get clean water, hot or cold as I wish. my toilets flush. I have food in my icebox and my wife loves me for all my shortcomings and strengths.And I love her for all of her shortcomings and strengths. Any thing else is gravy and I remind myself that someone always has it better and someone always has it worse. So many people find reasons to be unhappy and dissatisfied. I think we all have to remember the basics that make everything else work.
Thats all I have to say about that.

God Bless...

This is very true. I try very hard to take this out look but some days it is hard. I have been fortunate to have recently been promoted into a supervisor role at my work and it is so easy to just let all the stress get to you and just let it ruin your day or week. Some days I struggle to let it go and leave it at work. When I get home and my 2 year old son runs over and hugs me at full force I remember why I work hard and how lucky I am.

Times have been a little rough lately, and it seems very easy to focus on what is wrong or causing stress. Thank you for this post, as wrong as many things seem, I have a great many things in life to be grateful for. I needed this reminder.

It's not where you are physically or materially, it's where you are mentally. A good look in the mirror and a dose of perspective.
Try it, you others: a good look in the mirror. Not figuratively, literally, for a good minute or two. And not while you're shaving!

Top Bottom