What's new

Prep Shaving Cream!

Apparently, they are still making this? I don't think it's O/N stock. I would sure like to get my hands on some. This was for sale on e-bay Germany. I think the shipping was like 50.00 to the States from Germany. Cream was 12? I'm not sure, have to go back and look again.

Yes they are still making this, but it's not easily found. Check the italian profumeria sites. However, I saw it at only one location in Rome out of the scores I walked into. This is the soap, though, and it's similar to Proraso, with less menthol. The cream (tube) is more commonplace, but since I'm not big on creams I left them alone.

edit: I found Prep creams at profumeria.com, but don't see the soaps, and have no idea about the shipping.

Yes they are still making this, but it's not easily found. Check the italian profumeria sites. However, I saw it at only one location in Rome out of the scores I walked into. This is the soap, though, and it's similar to Proraso, with less menthol. The cream (tube) is more commonplace, but since I'm not big on creams I left them alone.

edit: I found Prep creams at profumeria.com, but don't see the soaps, and have no idea about the shipping.

Gosh, Thomas, that's a great site! Shipping to USA is 33.00 Euros? Isn't that like 55 dollars U.S.??

Gosh, Thomas, that's a great site! Shipping to USA is 33.00 Euros? Isn't that like 55 dollars U.S.??

Christ, even shipping inside Italy is over $10 US. Things are not cheap over there, but I finally recall - it was Koine Profumeria http://www.koineprofumerie.it/negozio4.html where I found the tubs of soap. Can't find them on the site but the site looks to be cosmetics-oriented.

And, the soap ain't worth $55. I think that tub goes for 2 Euro at the store.

Apparently, they are still making this? I don't think it's O/N stock. I would sure like to get my hands on some. This was for sale on e-bay Germany. I think the shipping was like 50.00 to the States from Germany. Cream was 12? I'm not sure, have to go back and look again.

Here in Italy most supermarket chains sell Proraso or prep and some have both,PREP is cheaper (pre/post jar 2,10 € vs 3€ , 150 ml soap bowl 1,75€ vs 2,30...).
I have tried both brands but my next buy will be Proraso.
Prep has a more chemical scent (Camphor and traces of ammonia,don'really like it),has much less cooling effect and on me performance while acceptable is less good than Proraso.
If you hate the proraso eucaliptus smell,Prep might be an alternative but if you need to have it sent from half the globe away,i think it's not worth the price,it's good stuff but not that good.

And the bowl shape while interesting does not help with ergonomics,the bowl is a truncated cone with a slice taken away where the name label is affixed,
so the more your soap gets used ,the less room to move around is left to load the brush.

Top Bottom