What's new

What shave equipment did you buy today

I finally ordered,two soaps from soap commander. I got motovation and respect..the full experience ...bath soap and after shave balm..should be here ,maybe friday...:thumbup1:

Oh my god. In the last week I bout a vintage 3 piece from Latvia, a mint in box Gem Micromatic, A really great looking Hoffritz OC, another Gem with a really fat bakelite handle, a schick injector and 36 vintage blades for the injector. Oh and 140 russian blades. Here are a few pictures.

$A Gem junior.JPG$Eversharp Blades.jpg$Russian Blades.jpg$Hoffritz.JPG$Gem.JPG

Last edited:
There is a new artisan soap maker out of Charleston, SC named Sapone di Paolo.

http://www.saponedipaolo.com/

His story is an interesting one. He developed these products for himself because he was having dermatologic problems with the commercial products on the market. They are all natural and sulfate free.

I ordered both the soap and the balm. I will report after I have a chance to try them.

Fell in love with a beautiful blonde once. Drove me to drink. And I never had the decency to thank her.
― W.C. Fields

Should be in the post tomorrow: Tabac Original Shave Stick, Tabac Original Aftershave Balm and Tabac Original Spray E.D.C.. The shave stick and the refill are the same price so I got the shave stick with holder although I already have one. Reasonable prices from allbeauty.com (United Kingdom).

$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg
Took out the phone while waiting for coffee this morning, under $40, not sure exactly what it is yet, But wanted to try an open comb razor. I also bought a 47 super speed (no notch) at a flea market yesterday.

HTGAM the beach, voskhod blades, omega 10066? (The white brush). Really like the quality of the PAA/HTGAM razors and I believe I may pick up the sidewinder or name taker.

Don't tell my wife, but I bought this this afternoon. I spotted it in an antique store a few weeks ago. It has Lunawerk, Solingen Germany on the base. It is very similar to one I have that was made by Cosmo Mfg Co, Germany.

$shaving gear 014.jpg

I have a used matte future on the way as well as tin of nivea cream, the really thick stuff. I also have a neon yellow rain jacket for running. It can get very cold running in the rain in Canada in the spring.

Not quite "Out for Delivery" yet, but I'm now waiting for my first fixed-blade straight razor, a Dovo with a stainless blade and French point. I've been using a Dovo Shavette for almost a year now and am eager to try the real thing. It was just shipped today from Japan, so I expect it to take at least another couple of weeks to arrive...

You will love that brush. At least I love mine. Tried a bunch of other pure badgers, two boars and a couple synthetics but the frank shaving extra density was what worked for me.

Bought on 12th April and according to tracking left Chicago to London on the 19th April so unless customs are going to be a pain it should be in the U.K. postal system - Royal Mail: Razorock Mission and 20 included blades from Italian Barber. That will be my third razor and probably my last for now. Overall about average speed for USPS First Class to U.K. but the record is believe it or not 5 days including the day of posting and delivery New York to Peterborough U.K. door to door and that was U.S. coins from a coin dealer.

Top Bottom