What's new

Feeling old.

The release of Star Trek the Movie, The Empire Strikes Back, and the TV show Mork and Mindy were closer to the end of World War 2 than to today. Those born in the mid-60's or earlier were born closer to the end of WW1 than to today.
​:blink:

Yeah but remember when this millennium was the stuff of Science fiction films? That means we're thoroughly modern and up to date.
Please allow me to indulge in that. Please.:thumbup:

Feeling Old? Probably because you are old.

Not what most people want to hear - but consider the alternative....

Ehh. So maybe numbers-wise, I'm "old" I'll be 51 in July. But I don't care. Over the last year, my wife and I have changed our lifestyle, gotten healthier and in better shape (both of us have lost nearly 50lbs each.) We went to Cancun a few months ago and looked better than many of the couples on the beach who were 10 or 15 years our junior.

A few things I consider when I'm "feeling old":
It's just a number.
You're only as old as you feel -- act young, play young -- and you'll feel young.
Every day is a good day -- just try missing one.

I'm still part of what many of you may consider the younger group but I'm aging at the same rate the rest of you are - daily. I've found lately that doing simple things, like walking up or down stairs, takes a lot more focus and effort and is an involved process.

Thanks for depressing me I never thought of it that way. :001_huh:

Ps: If you want to feel old, a "girl" I went to school with has a daughter in this group. That's how I knew I was getting older. :sad:

proxy.php

Last edited:
I feel old everytime I go to visit my girls in college. Every cute girl that I see, I think that I am old enough to be her father.

I feel old everytime I go to visit my girls in college. Every cute girl that I see, I think that I am old enough to be her father.

I work at university too. Trust me, if you are feeling this way, you are old enough. I knew something was wrong a few years ago when every student I saw looked like they were skipping school...junior high school. I will only be 52 in May but dang, do people look like kids to me these days.

Top Bottom